Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Help with Live Traffic

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

[quote=audi40;24463480]Yes, but isn't the Sirius traffic supposed to be included for 4 years?

Yes, for 3G Nav+ 2013+ new car purchasers only; the OP purchased a CPO. There has been some discussion on this as Sirius will not transfer a Sirius account to a new owner. One member fought hard on this and managed to get it done but it was apparently a one-off customer concession where the dealer or AOA may have absorbed the cost.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Audi Connect (minus Google Maps & Wifi) using a PrePaid Sim Card. I only use the Send-To-Car & the Google Local Search.

I have barely used 3MB (yes that is MB) in the past year and I and Google Searching destinations all the time. I paid $15 for the Sim Card and $15 for 15MB of data and I still haven't used half of it in over a year.

There is a whole discussion about the Pre-paid option here.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2818216

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I'm trying out Connect for 1 month. So far I am underwhelmed. I don't think I would ever use the "browser" function, I would use my phone. Google satellite imagery is nice, but I kind of prefer the plain maps. I'm sure Google search is a nice feature, but again phone and siri works for that. I don't need a wifi hotspot in my car (again my phone can do that). I don't even get 3G in my area, it is 2G roaming...

I would maybe pay $5 a month for it, but I'd still have to think about it. So far I plan on letting it expire and not renewing, maybe something will change my mind.
Originally Posted by Fairfax 4.0T
The one thing that makes it all worth the subscription fee is the ability to send a destination from Google Maps on your desktop computer to your car. You can do a quick search on your home or work PC, and click Send to send the destination to your car and call it up as the navigation destination. It is very quick, easy, and you can verify the accuracy. I love that feature.
Originally Posted by Xtek
I think the 2 big wins with Audi Connect are...

1. Being able to search Google for destinations. Audi's in-car DB become stale quickly.

2. Being able to send directions from Google Maps.

I use these both enough that an extra $15/mo on a $67k car is worth it to me.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Apologies for resurrecting the thread but I still don't understand all the Audi options just yet. When I first received delivery of my non certified car from indipendent dealer the navigation showed traffic density (green/red markers) to help me see traffic patterns. Then suddenly it disappeared. Every one in a BIG while it becomes available again.
I would like to have this feature permanently so I don't have to depend on smartphone. After reading thread, still confused.

Is Sirius the source of this information or other?? Do I call Sirius or Audi dealer to set this feature back up? If dealer, do I call individual dealer or an AOA number? And since this keeps being available then not available, could this be a setting/glitch, or just a tease to get me to re-buy service that's expired?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Apologies for resurrecting the thread but I still don't understand all the Audi options just yet. When I first received delivery of my non certified car from indipendent dealer the navigation showed traffic density (green/red markers) to help me see traffic patterns. Then suddenly it disappeared. Every one in a BIG while it becomes available again.
I would like to have this feature permanently so I don't have to depend on smartphone. After reading thread, still confused.

Is Sirius the source of this information or other?? Do I call Sirius or Audi dealer to set this feature back up? If dealer, do I call individual dealer or an AOA number? And since this keeps being available then not available, could this be a setting/glitch, or just a tease to get me to re-buy service that's expired?

Thanks in advance.
Sirius is the provider for traffic in pre-MY2016 C7s so you contact them. $3.99 per month (or a bit less if you opt for 12 or 24 months.) Since the free 4 years of traffic began with MY2013, your 2012 3 month free trail should have expired long ago so I can't explain why you had it at all but....

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Sate...=SXM%2FWrapper
Old 11-23-2015, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you may see it work some month and not work other months if you are not subscribed.

From time to time, Sirius does free previews of music and traffic. Right now, traffic is free from 11/19-12-2. I think TMC logo on the NAV screen is what tells you the Sirius Traffic is active.

I believe it's $3.99/month, with the option of cheaper with long term plan.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S6Express
I bought a C7 S6 CPO with 4500 miles. I had three weeks left on the free trial of Sirius, but I had it switched over to my exisiting SiriusXM account which had more channels than the trial version. Also, I lost my Audi Connect free trial, but I purchased the 30 month package from Verizon. So I have Sirius and Audi Connect - problem is I don't have Live Traffic. At least I can't get it to come up anywhere. I read the owner's manual, went to menu -> info and nothing. Just a screen that says info on how to subscribe to Sirius. I have the soft button for Audi Connect and that works fine, but no live traffic.

Any ideas?
Wait. I just got a 13 CPO and was told there was no free trial period for Audi connect with CPO. Only for new purchases. I would like a free trial. Do I call aoa and ask them to turn it on? There is a SIM card in my car. It says 2G on my MMI screen and its grayed out. I would love to try it out as I'm going on a holiday road trip! Any arvice? Thanks
Old 11-24-2015, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Audi Convert
Wait. I just got a 13 CPO and was told there was no free trial period for Audi connect with CPO. Only for new purchases. I would like a free trial. Do I call aoa and ask them to turn it on? There is a SIM card in my car. It says 2G on my MMI screen and its grayed out. I would love to try it out as I'm going on a holiday road trip! Any arvice? Thanks
What you were told was correct. There are no free trials from Sirius radio, traffic or Audi Connect for previously owned Audis. You have to purchase your own plans.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6

...could this be a setting/glitch, or just a tease to get me to re-buy service that's expired?
Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi
Yes, you may see it work some month and not work other months if you are not subscribed.

From time to time, Sirius does free previews of music and traffic. Right now, traffic is free from 11/19-12-2. I think TMC logo on the NAV screen is what tells you the Sirius Traffic is active.
I agree with the theory that Sirius tries to tease / entice us by giving us random unannounced access to their services. I do test it out during these periods, but they haven't yet enticed me to subscribe. Primarily because Sirius sound quality is sub-par and their traffic reporting in my area lags other sources.

After my recent 35k service at the dealer, I received another complimentary 3-month Sirius trial. It just officially ended a week ago, but today I still do have traffic and around 30 random Sirius radio channels available. In a few days those will probably go away...

I have been willing to pay for the Audi Connect subscription, but for not Sirius/traffic.