Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

IOS 9 and MMI lost connection

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
OK so that is the current latest cable. Others here and on other boards are seem to be using the 6S without issue so it points to either a faulty cable or a faulty phone
Thanks for your responses.
I also have an AMI usb cable. Tonight I'll have a little test using that with a standard iPhone cable attached to this. That should rule out a defective cable.

If no other 6s users are experiencing problems then yes, that will point to a fault with the phone.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Think using the USB connection and a standard Apple cable may only provide for charging the device
Old 10-01-2015, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My iPhone 6 works fine, plugged in via the USB cable. Calls come through via Bluetooth OK, but when I play music via the MMI there is a lot of 'static/noise' which makes it pointless. Anyone found this? It's same on OS9/9.0.1 - will try 9.0.2 over the weekend.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have no issues with Bluetooth pairing, but...

I'm finding that iOS9 in general is having issues with the Audi MMI system AMI connection. I have two iPhones that i can use as a music source in my Q7 and both with iOS9 have significant issues initializing with the AMI/MMI when the car is started. I first thought it was the phone jack connection to the cable i'm using, but i switched phones and it still has the problem.

i also get "only one accessory can be used at one time" errors since iOS9 - something I have never received before in my Audi Q7.

I have an 30-pin female adapter cable running from the MMI connection in the console and that cable runs up the center console to the the steering column. Then i have an Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter mounted in the platform that runs between the Speedometer and Tachometer. I mount my phone between them while operating the vehicle.

I also removed that extension setup and just connected the phone to the AMI cable and still had issues..

One workaround i've discovered is that if you have the music player app loaded and running on the screen when you start the car, the MMI will initialize the iPhone with no problems, and begin to play music at the normal time it takes to initialize. If you don't keep the music player app open and running, the iPhone will never initialize with the MMI. If i turn off the car and come back a few minutes later, the MMI will not reconnect and continue playing the song it was playing (like it always did)

I also lose connection to the MMI while songs are playing, but that is less frequent.

I believe it's a bug in the iOS version (I'm now up to 9.2.1) and it's been prevalent in all updates sine 9.0 was released.

I plan to send in feedback to Apple regarding this issue.

Last edited by jfischetti; 01-27-2016 at 10:09 AM.