Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Lowering the A6: Seeking Reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KW automotive GmbH - Gewindefahrwerke, Rennsportfahrwerke, Sportfedern - Thread Springs
Old 05-18-2016, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took measurements.

Right now, here are the gaps between the tires and the outside fenders.

Fronts: 2.75"
Rear: 2.25"

If I could bring the gaps down to around 1" or 1.25", I think it would look really good.

Would I only need springs to accomplish this?
Old 05-19-2016, 05:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The description on the springs should give you a good idea of how much they will lower your car. After mine settled I'm about 1 finger gap all around
Old 05-19-2016, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Linkers033
The description on the springs should give you a good idea of how much they will lower your car. After mine settled I'm about 1 finger gap all around

Thanks, I understand that how much your car will be lowered depends on if you have the factory "sport suspension" package or not?

And what did you use for your springs? H&R, Eibach, Bilstein, etc?

Did you also get new struts/shocks with the springs?
Old 05-19-2016, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=Linkers033;24813516]It was just the H&R Sport springs, similar to what you had posted but I believe mine were blue and I've been on the stock shocks QUOTE]
Old 05-19-2016, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=Linkers033;24813866]
Originally Posted by Linkers033
It was just the H&R Sport springs, similar to what you had posted but I believe mine were blue and I've been on the stock shocks QUOTE]

Thanks.

How long had you had the H&R springs? Do you feel like ride comfort or handling got any worse with the new springs compared to stock springs?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I would highly recommend a quality lowering spring that offers minimal lowering like an H&R Spring. If the ride quality / damping is not what you want or after a while you find the stock shocks have degraded in performance, I would highly recommend Koni Sport Yellow replacement shocks. They offer excellent quality, designed for stock or slightly lowered vehicles, and priced right. You can also adjust the damping to suit
Old 05-19-2016, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fastlane1000
I would highly recommend a quality lowering spring that offers minimal lowering like an H&R Spring. If the ride quality / damping is not what you want or after a while you find the stock shocks have degraded in performance, I would highly recommend Koni Sport Yellow replacement shocks. They offer excellent quality, designed for stock or slightly lowered vehicles, and priced right. You can also adjust the damping to suit

Thanks for the input.

I am trying to decide between the HR and Eibach springs. What are the key differences between these 2, besides the lowering height? Are they both quality products made in Germany? Does one have better ride/handling than the other?
Old 05-19-2016, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

The following is mostly opinion: I have run both the Eibach and H&R springs. They are probably very comparable. I know the Koni Sport shock kits if ordered with springs come with H&R springs. H&R springs are popular with German cars since they are German made. I am of the opinion that H&R springs are more custom made for each vehicle where as Eibach are more mass produced and perhaps not as finely tuned to the vehicle? I have noticed that H&R springs seem to be the same drop front and rear which will keep the balance the same as stock. Eibach may have a different drop front and rear and designed more for looks? I have not researched this as it pertains to our cars but have seen this broadly in the past.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the opinion.

Important question. Does any one know if changing the spring and/or struts on the car would void warranty? My A6 is less than a month old. Can anyone confirm?

Quick Reply: Lowering the A6: Seeking Reccomendations