Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI connect app, Send to Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default MMI connect app, Send to Car

Has anyone used this feature lately on their iPad? I cannot even find the google map or a send to car button. Inrix have got the map with Find Car or Traffic.
I am assuming one of two things; I'm missing how this new abomination works or they had some high school writing software geek "fix it".
Old 10-04-2016, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the iPhone app different from the iPad app? It works for my on my iPhone.

I think there an update pretty recently as well.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,067 Likes on 741 Posts

I use it regularly on my iPhone. Not sure if the UI is any different on the iPad, but not sure what your issue is. You don't even need to open the app to send a destination to the car. You can do that from any app that can share a location. Look up a place in Apple Maps, Google Maps, Yelp etc. than tap on the share function (in some apps it's a text link, in others it's an icon etc.) and choose the MMI Connect App as the share target (tap on More if it's not showing up), from there tap on Send in the top right corner or press and hold the small car icon and drag your finger towards the top of the screen to drag and drop the destination to the car. If you tap on the name, you can rename it first as some apps give it a generic name such as 'Dropped Pin'.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-04-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you for the information. I used to use the map in the app and then send to car. I did not know about the procedure described above using Apple maps or Google maps.

My Iphone and Ipad work but the PC hasn't worked in years.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Google Maps send to car from a browser on my PCs and Macs works fine, too. I almost use that more frequently. I use the connect app mostly to send calendar appointments directly to the car.

Google Maps send to car needs to be configured properly. It's a bit confusing. You need to have matching account names on both sides. The account name I'm talking about is different from the email address to login to myAudi and is also different from your Google account. If you login to the myAudi site there's a section to configure Google Maps send to car under Audi Connect services. There you'll find an account name setting that you can edit freely, as long as it is unique. Whatever you have there, the same value needs to be entered in Google Maps where you configure send to car. That's the account name that both sides use to identify your car.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

This is the page to configure Google Maps integration in case you can't find it.
Attached Thumbnails MMI connect app, Send to Car-capture.png  
Old 07-11-2017, 11:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
Google Maps send to car from a browser on my PCs and Macs works fine, too. I almost use that more frequently. I use the connect app mostly to send calendar appointments directly to the car.

Google Maps send to car needs to be configured properly. It's a bit confusing. You need to have matching account names on both sides. The account name I'm talking about is different from the email address to login to myAudi and is also different from your Google account. If you login to the myAudi site there's a section to configure Google Maps send to car under Audi Connect services. There you'll find an account name setting that you can edit freely, as long as it is unique. Whatever you have there, the same value needs to be entered in Google Maps where you configure send to car. That's the account name that both sides use to identify your car.
Can you give me more information?? In google.gr/maps/sendtocar i don't see my car, I even can't add my Audi.

I configured at my audi thw Google ID account. I tried to enter my email address there, I tried to enter a random nickname, i tried everything, I can't find in that link something about to add my car....
Old 07-12-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How about you add the information about your car in your signature, so we know what you're dealing with. None of us are clairvoyant, you know...

Originally Posted by minovg
Can you give me more information?? In google.gr/maps/sendtocar i don't see my car, I even can't add my Audi.

I configured at my audi thw Google ID account. I tried to enter my email address there, I tried to enter a random nickname, i tried everything, I can't find in that link something about to add my car....
Old 07-12-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry mate you are right...
Old 07-12-2017, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by minovg
Sorry mate you are right...
And a location? If you have matrix headlights then you are probably not in the USA so the procedure may be different.
Adding location under your avatar is the best solution as readers can easily see it at every post.

Quick Reply: MMI connect app, Send to Car