Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 02:21 AM   #1
jbn
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 287921

Default Navigation 'auto' map colours always night

Hi, I have recently taken over an A6 Avant and been familiarising myself with the MMI and features. I noted that when I set the navigation map choice to 'auto' it always switches to the nighttime colours, despite the clock and timezone being set correctly. I get this whether the time is set manually or taken from the GPS.

Can anyone suggest what might be the issue here please? Google has so far not yielded any help.

many thanks!
jbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:30 AM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 22753

If you set the nav display to "day" mode, does it display correctly? If so, could be a defective light sensor. If not, something in the nav itself is an issue. Either way, it could also be a software glitch. Just for grins, try rebooting the MMI. Press Menu, center control selector and upper right function button briefly all at the same time.

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 13y/49K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 86480

The Navi changes to night mode if the head lights are on, regardless of the time of the day.
AudiA4B6US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:42 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 273391

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US View Post
The Navi changes to night mode if the head lights are on, regardless of the time of the day.
I am not sure that this is correct - you can turn on the headlights during the day and the Nav is still on "day" mode. The light sensor is what determines if the Nav will switch to day or not and it is the same sensor that determines if the Auto Headlights will come on, if so enabled. I do, however, agree that TOD has nothing to do with the switching of the day/night modes.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:48 AM   #5
jbn
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestions, yes it displays correctly in 'day' mode and that is what I am using.

I am running with headlights on and will check if switching them off makes a difference, and otherwise reboot the MMI. Here in Switzerland it is now a legal requirement since 1 July to drive with daytime running lights and my default behaviour has always been to use dipped headlights; it is of course not necessary with the Audi to use them for this purpose so I will see what works to correct the problem and act accordingly. Should be able to test this later today.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 86480

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB22 View Post
I am not sure that this is correct - you can turn on the headlights during the day and the Nav is still on "day" mode. The light sensor is what determines if the Nav will switch to day or not and it is the same sensor that determines if the Auto Headlights will come on, if so enabled. I do, however, agree that TOD has nothing to do with the switching of the day/night modes.
I would need to check this again but as far as I remember, if the light switch is in AUTO then the Navi uses the interior light sensor and other sensors in the car but if the light switch is in ON then the Navi will switch to night mode if it is itself set to Auto.
AudiA4B6US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #7
jbn
Audiworld Junior Member

Tested and you are correct: off or auto is fine but once the lights are switched on to dipped headlights the lighting on the instrument cluster comes on and the map switches to 'night' mode.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 273391

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, yes it displays correctly in 'day' mode and that is what I am using.

I am running with headlights on and will check if switching them off makes a difference, and otherwise reboot the MMI. Here in Switzerland it is now a legal requirement since 1 July to drive with daytime running lights and my default behaviour has always been to use dipped headlights; it is of course not necessary with the Audi to use them for this purpose so I will see what works to correct the problem and act accordingly. Should be able to test this later today.
So doesn't having the light switch in "Auto" check all of the right boxes for you?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #9
DVE
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 274548

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US View Post
... if the light switch is in AUTO then the Navi uses the interior light sensor ...
Which sensor shall be that? Because I want to know whether the main beams are activated (switch in auto). The green symbol beside the switch is always illuminated because I using scandinavian coding (rear lights always on) The navi display is always set to night mode.

What are dipped beams?

Thanks
DVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
jbn
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB22 View Post
So doesn't having the light switch in "Auto" check all of the right boxes for you?
I guess it does, I am just accustomed to have dipped headlights as running lights....
Old 08-11-2014, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement