Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve'sA6
That's great news as I am the original owner and I got a notice when I logged into Audi Connect that due to changes in the T Mobile configuration, 3G service is no longer available.
So, do I press for the upgrade through a dealer or do I need to contact Audi corporate, and if so, any suggestions on who to contact and how?

Thanks much!
If you have the notice, the dealer should not have any issues. Just print it out and show it to them. Also, Audi should have your VIN as being qualified for the update. Just be sure you first buy at least a month of Audi Connect which is required. (Unless the dealer ignores the requirement). Call the dealer first to ensure they have the parts in stock.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
IF T-Mo has updated the 3G in your area and IF you are the original owner and IF you buy at least one month of Audi Connect/T-Mo, the dealer should get approval to upgrade your modem. Once done, you should then be able switch to any T-Mo or AT&T 3G provider.
Is it a matter of qualifying for a free upgrade, or qualifying at all? I'm not the original owner, but I'd be willing to pay for the upgrade.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jaragaki
Is it a matter of qualifying for a free upgrade, or qualifying at all? I'm not the original owner, but I'd be willing to pay for the upgrade.
If you are not in an area where T-Mo has updated their 3G bands, dealers would likely not have the part or direction necessary to perform the update. If you are in one of the areas, have a MY2012 or 2013 and are willing to foot the bill, dealers should have no issue with updating your modem.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vboolcha
i restarted my audi connect. haven't used it in a few years. somehow i got 2 free months/2G just when logging into the account. i had one of the original tmobile sims that came with my car (2013). google earth took a few days to start working for unclear reasons. i can use my app and all the features work. i must have one of the older modems that was in affected area because i have 2G service although i know i used to have 3G service back in 2013. it takes like a minute or so for goggle earth to start working. i am beyond warranty. any way to get the dealer to update my modem or is there even a benefit since I'm going to switch to a usmobile or other carrier when this runs out. thanks for any input and sorry if this question was asked already.

I also hadn't used Audi Connect in a few years on my 2012 A7. I logged in but didin't get any free months.

Apparently you're supposed to be able to get 5 free MMI Nav map updates over Audi Connect. The system is supposed to give you a pop-up on your MMI screen that it's available and offer it to you. Have you seen this at all since reactivating?
Old 01-11-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
I also hadn't used Audi Connect in a few years on my 2012 A7. I logged in but didin't get any free months.

Apparently you're supposed to be able to get 5 free MMI Nav map updates over Audi Connect. The system is supposed to give you a pop-up on your MMI screen that it's available and offer it to you. Have you seen this at all since reactivating?
The free 6 months of Audi Connect was only for the original owner when the car was new. If someone received any free months for reactivating that would be only if you call and an exception was offered.
The free map updates are only for MY2016 or later with LTE. MY2012-2015 can only get map updates installed by the dealer at a cost of about $350-$400.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Have the same A6 great auto but my issue is My 2012 A6 prestige has T Mobile and the Bluetooth connection for the phone (Samsung s6) cuts in and out all the time darn near impossible to use my cell when connected? Any thoughts
Old 01-15-2017, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by LarryMc
Have the same A6 great auto but my issue is My 2012 A6 prestige has T Mobile and the Bluetooth connection for the phone (Samsung s6) cuts in and out all the time darn near impossible to use my cell when connected? Any thoughts
Check your MMI version. There have been several updates available since 2012. IIRC, one of them improved connectivity for several phone models. You may have to pay for the latest update since your car is out of the original warranty.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I added my 2016 A6 to ATT mobile share plan. Currently, ATT has a promo that expires at the end of February. If you add a connected car to the mobile share plan for $10.00 per month, they add an additional 1GB of shared data. So my 2016 Q5 and my A6 added two additional gigs for $20.00...not a bad deal IMO....
Old 02-08-2017, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaman88
I added my 2016 A6 to ATT mobile share plan. Currently, ATT has a promo that expires at the end of February. If you add a connected car to the mobile share plan for $10.00 per month, they add an additional 1GB of shared data. So my 2016 Q5 and my A6 added two additional gigs for $20.00...not a bad deal IMO....
OTOH, anyone can pay $20 per month and receive 4GB of ATT data for 2016+ Audis.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a 2012 A6 (2nd owner) and I've never gotten around to using audi connect - mostly because I thought it was TMobile only and we don't have TMobile in Montana.

So am I reading the first post correctly? A 2012 can use TMobile or ATT, but ATT is limited to 2G?

Quick Reply: Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options