Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 85205

Default 2000 2.7T Engine coolant drain location

Moving into a coolant flush along with TB change, and the block drain is a puzzle. Comments mention a 8mm allen bolt. I believe I have one that requires a 6mm and is Very tight (the gold one); and there are two bolts in the area. Am I looking at the correct bolts? If so which bolt is it, left gold or blue right?
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coolant drain.jpg (141.9 KB, 284 views)
2000 A6 2.7T - instru cluster fade, control arms, abs module, aux water pump, TBB, MAF, Dump Valves, cam oil leaks fixed, EGT sensor (drivers side, naturally), Timing Belt, water pump, pulleys etc, 76K so far but the most fun to drive!
Floydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 170804

ELSA only mentions one plug in that location (see diagram V10-1170 below) for a '00 2.7T which looks like the left most gold one in your pic....

Click the image to open in full size.
monkeytronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 85205

[QUOTE=monkeytronic;23980266]ELSA only mentions one plug in that location for a '00 2.7T which looks like the left most gold one in your pic....
QUOTE]

That was my guess and Bentley (ELSA&Bentley same?) shows same pic, it is not quite a straight shot with a wobble adapter due to the washer on the horizontal bolt below and is tight enough that it felt like it might "go", plus the 8mm comment gave me pause...maybe it is time for another tool...a very long socket allen to alleviate the off angle. I'd feel better cranking on it if it were 8mm...or maybe take the horizontal bolt out...

Thx!
2000 A6 2.7T - instru cluster fade, control arms, abs module, aux water pump, TBB, MAF, Dump Valves, cam oil leaks fixed, EGT sensor (drivers side, naturally), Timing Belt, water pump, pulleys etc, 76K so far but the most fun to drive!
Floydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 104531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydo View Post
Moving into a coolant flush along with TB change, and the block drain is a puzzle. Comments mention a 8mm allen bolt. I believe I have one that requires a 6mm and is Very tight (the gold one); and there are two bolts in the area. Am I looking at the correct bolts? If so which bolt is it, left gold or blue right?
Thanks
Wow, I cannot believe there is not a drop of rust anywhere there. Damn NE weather sucks! LOL!

Cheers
Massboykie
2002 Audi A6 2.7T 6spd, TrueFlow DI, ECS N75, 110s, UUC S/S, GIAC-X, APR Catback, SSAC D/Ps, Magnaflow CATs, Eibach Cupkit, Hotchkis F/R, 034 Spacer, AWE Snub, Unorthodox Pulleys, "Brembo" BBK, Goodridge SS
2006 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T 6spd, K&N DI, STaSIS Catback, Forge DV, AWE Snub, Custom S/S

http://www.VAGLinks.com - 2000+ VAG Links!
http://www.PlanetVAG.com - VAG Only Search Engine!
massboykie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
02, 2000, 2002, 27, a6, audi, change, coolant, drain, engine, flush, location, quattro, radiator, s4, turbo