A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

AUDI S6 2007 5.2 V10 OVERHEATING ENGINE

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 02:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUDI S6 2007 5.2 V10 OVERHEATING ENGINE

Dear all , i need help here , i am having the following problem : Temperature gauge goes up and down from 90 to 120 , completely randomly it makes no difference if i drive , or stand at a traffic light , or drive smooth or hit the road hard.

My car is an aud s6 2007 model 5.2 V10 engine , radiators have been checked , flushed , and reconditioned perfectly, thermostat is brand new , temperature sensor is brand new , expansion tank is new too all cooling pipes are new.

That problem occurred after i had a blown gasket due to a malfunction of my thermostat couple of month ago.

Gasket has been replaced at that time but after 600 hundred km without any issue , i am facing this constant problem of the temperature gauge going crazy and for whatever reason it comes from 90 steady up to 120 in about 30 to 40 seconds and then it comes back down while i stop the engine and then all the cycle again when i restart it, up and down up and down .

The engine coolant is not over hitting like a blown gasket or something i ve seen before , coolant is not boiling ,cooling system pipes are not hard and can be pressed bare hands.

The system has been already bleed properly and filled back with a special vacuum to avoid any air bubble in the system.

Cylinder head have been checked by pressure test and have shown a perfect health condition , no cracks no damages .

Cylinders have been checked the same way and are also in perfect condition , there is no air lick and no crossover in the system from the cylinder to the cooling.

As well please note that this problem has happen just after i had a severe overheating above 120 degrees due to the thermostat that was not working and which caused my fans to not properly cool my engine at a certain point and consequently overheated the full engine ( coolant boiling)

After than incident we were not aware that the gasket was blown and we just changed the thermostat.

At that point the car was doing that up and down with the temperature gauge , so we replaced the gasket, ..result was nothing had changed it was still doing it again raising the temp up and coolking down after few minutes , so we thought of a problem such as air in the cooling system, so we did the bleeding and again nothing changed.

After reading your thread about lean mixture i decided to replace the injectors and see if it solves the problem and im quiet sure it will , as we completely dismantled the engine since, timing has been done at perfection, all new tensioners, everything checked so if anyone could just let me know if he think im going in the good direction by replacing all 10 injectors by brand new ones.

To be said my engine was shaking with the old injectors , we tried some other injectors used from another s6 and my engine stopped shaking so now im kind of persuaded that with the new ones it will be allright but im still scared of the over heatting and i just wanted you to tell me if you guys think im going to finaly end this overhiting crap i was getting.

i would say yes but what do you guys think ?

Best regards .

The engine bay when i bought the car.

The engine bay at todays date.

Brand new ECU.

Vossen wheels.

Engine bay with the new fuel pumps and Intake manifold.

Gearbox Oil cooler.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Good morning,

I recently just got back into a audi (yesterday) and within 10 minutes of driving my car is doing exactly what yours was doing. I regret buying this car already and will start trouble shooting this weekend. My question to you is did you ever get this resolved ?
Old 08-22-2018, 12:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi , so are you talking about the Overheating ? Like driving and after 10 to 15 minutes the temperature goes up ?
If that is what happens YES i found the solution.

It was the fuel injectors , they weren't providing a proper mixture and the block was consequently overheating.

My suggestion to you go: to audi and get the FUEL INJECTORS replaced mate. This should sort you out.

Don't get it done in a cheap garage unless you are 100 percent sure that they know what they are doing as this engine is not only complicated but very technical.

f you want you can contact me through Whatsap i can give it to you in private for example send me an email at Juli3nodubai@gmail.com and i ll give it to you. I really want help you because i have been there and no one could find what it was , i took me about 6 month of troubleshooting to finaly get the right person to find out what it was.

Let me know how this goes for you Bryan.

Regards. J.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

(And sorry i had to r- create an account here as i forgot the logins and passwords i used before.)