A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI and other TSB downloads <updated on 5/9/09>

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing file

The link for "Navigation not available" displayed on MMI screen : TSB # 2016037 does not work, can someone please fix as I am interested in this TSB
Old 05-13-2009, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by utripn
You probably got water on the switch, just replace it. the switch is not that expensive, and the install is easy. I am talking from experience, it happened to me, only i had the problem when my windows were getting tinted and he dropped water on my switch.
would you happen to have a DIY write up ? or should i venture for a bentley manual
Old 05-13-2009, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jazznuts699
ever since i got the car I've had intermittent issues with the driver side window switches. Sometimes the dual mode switch only works in single mode (either mode) or the switch doesn't work at all -- this happened once when it was raining, i wanted to crack open the window and it came all the way down -- wouldn't come back up for a good 15-20 secs... almost had to stop the car and cycle it..

I've reported this to the dealer once but when it went in for scheduled maintenance the problem was not there... it's annoying as i notice it more and more.

i would hate to be stuck with an open window
For me its a little different...the window is 2/3 down and I try to have it go up but it will go up 0.5 an inch and then go down all the way and be unresponsive for 5-6 seconds. After which it will work fine. It is easy to duplicate but the dealer keeps lubing the damn channels even though thats not the problem! Let me know if you find anything
Old 05-13-2009, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by singhl
The link for "Navigation not available" displayed on MMI screen : TSB # 2016037 does not work, can someone please fix as I am interested in this TSB
Remove the <\br> at the end or just try this:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/13/883667/TSB.doc

Note to Pierre the <\br> is not valid for *.doc files as opposed to *.pdf files. Try removing it.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great service this one Pierre!

The pdf's states that you'll have to reset faulty codes "With the VAS Tester"..

Is this the case every time?
I'll need VagCom to do that?

Or will these updates work without any problems?

I've found the "Audi A6 A8 Q7 MMI Update" 2120, 3460, 4220 and the 5150 "by John".. I guess these MMI updates are for Europe (?), and burned them on CD's..
Anyone upgraded that way?
Any problems?

PS! I live in Norway.. Different MMI upgrades from the US?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the valuable info. I like the 2nd to the last page that says "If customer agrees to pay do this" and then the next paragraph, "If the customer does not agree to pay do this". Isnt this typical from the greedy dealers.

Here is my problem that some angel may be able to help me with. My MMI system is stuck in the Phone mode saying "Please Wait". And every 15 seconds it tries to reset and this turns off my raido, Sirius, and CD player for like 2 seconds. So imgaing driving and every 15 seconds this happening! WOW, very pissed off.

So I call the dealer and they give me the soft reset and it dosent work, so are there any ideas out thier on what I can do or who can fit this other than a dealer?

BTW I just found out my 55,000k serives is $649 but they gave me a 10% discount, thansk Audi!

If you can help, please email me at krattzz@verizon.net or just reply. Best, Mark
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did you try an MMI upgrade? The newer MMI's versions have some code fix for telephone/bluetooth

Originally Posted by kratz
Thanks for the valuable info. I like the 2nd to the last page that says "If customer agrees to pay do this" and then the next paragraph, "If the customer does not agree to pay do this". Isnt this typical from the greedy dealers.

Here is my problem that some angel may be able to help me with. My MMI system is stuck in the Phone mode saying "Please Wait". And every 15 seconds it tries to reset and this turns off my raido, Sirius, and CD player for like 2 seconds. So imgaing driving and every 15 seconds this happening! WOW, very pissed off.

So I call the dealer and they give me the soft reset and it dosent work, so are there any ideas out thier on what I can do or who can fit this other than a dealer?

BTW I just found out my 55,000k serives is $649 but they gave me a 10% discount, thansk Audi!

If you can help, please email me at krattzz@verizon.net or just reply. Best, Mark
Old 09-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello Pierre,
If you could be of help, I've been trying to find forum on how to reset "engine light" on the display. I do have vag.com and just had maintenance done for the car, but mechanic doesnt have vag-com. Could you provide me with this? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

your links arnt working
Old 10-17-2009, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by !staudi35
Hello Pierre,
If you could be of help, I've been trying to find forum on how to reset "engine light" on the display. I do have vag.com and just had maintenance done for the car, but mechanic doesnt have vag-com. Could you provide me with this? Thanks in advance.
if you live around CT, bring it over to my uncle's place. He can do it for you. If not, check out local pepboys or autozone, they have the tools to turn that off also.

Quick Reply: MMI and other TSB downloads <updated on 5/9/09>