A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stroker351w
I don't have the advanced key option in my A6 but, the functionality is similar. The Canmax 400 will be programmed for that option and you still have the 556uw with a valet key in it. When you get in you will have to hit the brake to turn off the remote start and then turn the car back on like normal. (Small price to pay for having a remote start in a great car).

You can't program the switchblade for a remote start. You have to use the key fob that comes with the remote start. That being said, all you need is the most basic remote start because the keyless and trunk are on the key already. I would suggest the Viper 5301. That has keyless but the remote start is 2 way so the key fob tells you if the car started up. Otherwise you can go with the Viper 5101 which is only one way.
So that I am clear, there is no way to switch from remote start mode to normal ON mode without stopping the engine?

Last edited by jujuC6; 10-14-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting that there is a solution! Congrats on the install. One suggestion, go to a sports store and buy some hockey tape to wrap everything up nice and tidy. It is very similar to the cloth tape used for the factory harnesses. That way the new wiring looks very OEM looking.

I am local to Boston (live in Lexington, work in Natick and Westborough). We should get together sometime, although I have the prior generation A6. There is a local meet next week Tuesday at AMC Framingham, but I cannot come.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jujuC6
So that I am clear, there is no way to switch from remote start mode to normal ON mode without stopping the engine?
I suppose that wasn't clear. You can't program the switchblade to send a signal to the remote start. However, after the car is started with the remote start, you can get in and put the key in the ignition and turn it to on. Put your foot on the brake and you will hear the relays in the remote start click to turn off then just throw the car in gear and away you go.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Boston Driver
Interesting that there is a solution! Congrats on the install. One suggestion, go to a sports store and buy some hockey tape to wrap everything up nice and tidy. It is very similar to the cloth tape used for the factory harnesses. That way the new wiring looks very OEM looking.

I am local to Boston (live in Lexington, work in Natick and Westborough). We should get together sometime, although I have the prior generation A6. There is a local meet next week Tuesday at AMC Framingham, but I cannot come.
Very cool. What club is the meet? Is it in the evening? I work in boston and by the time I get home to Marlborough it's 6:15.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi stroker351w,

How are things with the starter? Everything in order? Hope all is well, I will like to get this done too some time before December. I know you just found out how to put a starter in our cars (Thank you) but I would love to know if there is even the slightest chance for this to go from fantasy to reality.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/25/v...cheaper-and-t/
Old 11-19-2010, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Is your remote start still working. Wife needs a Christmas present and the last car I had this put on the wife loved.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 12-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, please provide some additional feedback on the remote start. Still working good, any problems, issues, changes?
Thank you
Old 09-18-2014, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

bump for an older thread....

Curious if the car is LOCKED while it is running with any of these kits? My A6 has the tech package with push to start and the sensors on door handles. My thinking is that since the valet key is in the car, just walking up to it and touching a handle would grant access? I understand the car itself will shut off if the brake is touched but Id rather not have people trying!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can remote start be used to bypass the infamous J518 Access Start Control Module?
Old 11-25-2015, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by A4QuattroV6
Can remote start be used to bypass the infamous J518 Access Start Control Module?
Infamous? It is a pretty mundane module. Regardless of the characterization, the remote start does not bypass the module.

Quick Reply: Remote Start