A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2016 Audi A7

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also to add I can get this deal for any 2016 Audi A7. ~15% off and $1000 off as conquest cash..I repeat - ANY.. irrespective of purchase or lease
Old 12-27-2015, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kk21vg24
Also to add I can get this deal for any 2016 Audi A7. ~15% off and $1000 off as conquest cash..I repeat - ANY.. irrespective of purchase or lease
Heck of a deal. Will that dealer make any of us that deal, or is that a personal favor for you?
Old 12-27-2015, 04:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

actually I am curious too..I have referred two people from a different forum directly as they were in the market for an A7 to the same dealer..hoping they land a similar deal too!
I remember Audi to be uncrackable when I wanted to buy a S5 back in 2013. they gave me $1000 off MSRP and asked me to take it or leave it. Hence bought the Mercedes E550 Coupe as the % discount was massive.
I think this has seriously changed with the TDI scandal etc, right time to push is now!
Old 12-27-2015, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kk21vg24
actually I am curious too..I have referred two people from a different forum directly as they were in the market for an A7 to the same dealer..hoping they land a similar deal too!
I remember Audi to be uncrackable when I wanted to buy a S5 back in 2013. they gave me $1000 off MSRP and asked me to take it or leave it. Hence bought the Mercedes E550 Coupe as the % discount was massive.
I think this has seriously changed with the TDI scandal etc, right time to push is now!
Unfortunately it's a double edged sword. One of Audi's bragging points has been resale value. If they have to offer bigger discounts resale goes out the window. It will be okay for people like you who got an off the charts deal, but I think those deals will be very spotty.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

This appears to be a great deal and I do have a few questions. So if I read your post correctly, the car is coming from another dealer, correct? Have you seen it and know the miles on the car? Is it brand new or a demo, loaner or executive car? I also see some stiff charges on the sales order, i.e. a $695 "bank doc" fee - is that a dealer charge or a CA fee of some kind besides the DMV fee and doc taxes? You also mentioned in your first post you added Audi Care and "Excessive Lease Protection" for $70 per month - that adds up $2520 over the 36 month lease. Since AC is $829, the $1691 balance is for the excessive wear lease which usually turns into dealer profit (unless the car is pretty dinged up or the tires are shot at lease end).

End of the year is absolutely the best time to buy a car. No question if your car is brand new with under 100 miles and in pristine condition, it's a suberb price, even after the extra dealer profit built into those charges. Just be sure they don't suddenly want to add other charges at time of delivery and signing. It's not uncommon for some less than totally scrupulous dealers to hit a buyer with "surprises" like "prep" charges or "advertising fees" at the last minute. The car is sitting there and papers are ready to be signed and they hope the buyer will acquiesce. Perhaps the owner of this dealership is a close friend or relative and that can't happen.

The only other mention I have is to question the veracity of your friends telling you they got 30% off of a brand new A8. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow unless the cars were not brand spanking new in some way. Even if it was year end and they were trying to make their numbers, it's difficult to accept a dealer would be willing to lose $15 or $20K on a new car much less two of them.

Good luck! I hope it all turns out well for you. Great way to start the new year.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
So far, I've not seen anyone being disrespectful (let's please keep it that way) only voicing skepticism of the OP's discount percentage. A dealer pays 93% and full freight of sticker retail. There is probably another 3-6% on the back end for meeting various dealer incentives (not on one specific car) so it's difficult for many to understand how a dealer could sell way below his cost. The OP put it out there so nothing wrong with others responding accordingly.
Thank you Snagitseven. Exactly what I was putting out there, but with the accurate invoice vs. retail figures I failed to detail.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I will post my 2 cents.
First of all I just picked my a7 last night Daytona gray absolutely love it.

I was on of the people OP referred to dealership in california. I contacted the manager as advised but have not heard back from him. 15% is ridiculously good. I tried with all my might to get something similar here in seattle, but impossible. Only employees get 15% off.

Either way I got 8.1% 0ff msrp 73755 -5995. So I paid 67760
My biggest grip was my trade. They originally only offered me 22k then came up to 23k. While another audi dealer only offered me 20250.

I am not sure if 15% is doable exactly but I did use it as reference to score a very good deal. With my trade it's hard for me to judge what exact % I got off.

So I do thank OP otherwise I would have settled for 6% off msrp
Old 12-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was trying to trade in the Mercedes.. However I was getting low balled by every dealer..So I sold the Mercedes on my own.
The contract which I signed says the car has 40 miles on it.I will confirm it as soon as the car gets delivered.
I test drove the car at a local dealer and buying it from a different dealer sight unseen. Going with this dealer as I was referred to them by my friend who got his A8L.

On the A8L, apparently Audi is providing nearly ~15K of incentives on the car itself. Also 6% supplier discount etc. I wasn't even considering an Audi until I heard and saw this deal.

I have the same concerns so waiting for the car anxiously. But I picked this particular car on the last day given my color and packages I wanted. The original deal was on any A7. especially in Nor cal as the dealer could potentially save on shipping costs. But the car I wanted was with the dealer itself. so they are shipping it for free.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The finance manager added the 2 packages to the lease when getting the docs ready after the car deal was negotiated.
I was going to add Audi care as residual increases by 1% for $829.

The $1691 felt too expensive for excessive lease. However I wanted to add it as I had it on the BMW and came in handy (the limits on BMW was 5K) especially tires. I hear the tires for A7 run 300-400$ a piece.

Also I checked with my friend and he mentioned he added all packages including some mechanical protection. So okayed it as the monthly payment was still within my psychological limit of $700 a month
Old 12-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nykrayz
Ok I will post my 2 cents.
First of all I just picked my a7 last night Daytona gray absolutely love it.

I was on of the people OP referred to dealership in california. I contacted the manager as advised but have not heard back from him. 15% is ridiculously good. I tried with all my might to get something similar here in seattle, but impossible. Only employees get 15% off.

Either way I got 8.1% 0ff msrp 73755 -5995. So I paid 67760
My biggest grip was my trade. They originally only offered me 22k then came up to 23k. While another audi dealer only offered me 20250.

I am not sure if 15% is doable exactly but I did use it as reference to score a very good deal. With my trade it's hard for me to judge what exact % I got off.

So I do thank OP otherwise I would have settled for 6% off msrp
Welcome to the forum Nykrayz! Daytona gray is sweet.. do post pics whenever you get a chance..did you get $1000 conquest cash ?

The second referral also got a decent deal
MSRP of $71980, and selling price of $61,500 (14.55%).. checking if it is the same dealer or a different one

My car arrives tomorrow morning..hyper excited!!!

Quick Reply: 2016 Audi A7