Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant see it with all that camouflage LOL
Old 08-10-2016, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think Audi is ruining the appearance of their cars. I had a first generation S5 and loved it. IMO, they slowly softened its appearance...then there's the brand new redesign (that front end...). AWFUL!! I'm seeing similarities with the grill on this A7 and I think they've ruined this car now too I fear. Based off these camo pics I'd say I prefer my current A7, just as I did my first gen S5.

Last edited by LONESTARS5; 08-10-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LONESTARS5
I personally think Audi is ruining the appearance of their cars. I had a first generation S5 and loved it. IMO, they slowly softened its appearance...then there's the brand new redesign (that front end...). AWFUL!! I'm seeing similarities with the grill on this A7 and I think they've ruined this car now too I fear. Based off these camo pics I'd say I prefer my current A7, just as I did my first gen S5.
Completely agree. Especially the change to the grille styling, which is the now the same as the new Hyundai's....

Last edited by Glacier6; 08-12-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

The era of beautiful Audi's has passed. Most car manufacturers today have copied Audi and are making beautiful cars with graceful lines and sinusoidal LED headlights. All cars are beautiful now and it's getting boring. It's time for Audi to set another "trend" which I am sure is going to be copied again: The sharp mean imposing looking car.

If you look at the new designs alone, they may not look appealing. But side by side, it makes older models and other cars look dated somehow.

I don't really like the front end of the new A4. I'd give that one to the C-Class. But the new Q7 is the best looking SUV out there. I've seen it next to the XC90 and the GLS, it surprisingly stands out. The new A5 is stunning! This A7 is going to look marvelous...

This is just my humble opinion though. As the French say, "Les goûts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas."

Old 08-18-2016, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
The era of beautiful Audi's has passed. Most car manufacturers today have copied Audi and are making beautiful cars with graceful lines and sinusoidal LED headlights. All cars are beautiful now and it's getting boring. It's time for Audi to set another "trend" which I am sure is going to be copied again: The sharp mean imposing looking car.

If you look at the new designs alone, they may not look appealing. But side by side, it makes older models and other cars look dated somehow.

I don't really like the front end of the new A4. I'd give that one to the C-Class. But the new Q7 is the best looking SUV out there. I've seen it next to the XC90 and the GLS, it surprisingly stands out. The new A5 is stunning! This A7 is going to look marvelous...

This is just my humble opinion though. As the French say, "Les goûts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas."
It's funny how different people see things. I do agree that Audi's newer models are very conservative changes. But to your comments, here is my take. All of the new Mercedes are very homely looking. They look like uninspired designs that were then put in an oven and drooped too much. The interiors would be killer looking except the ones with the iPad glued to the dash.

As to the new Q7, it has somewhat nice but conservative lines, but it looks like the station wagon has come full circle. The outgoing Q7 was better looking and not so "soccer mom" looking.

The new A5 could be stunning only because the current A5 is stunning looking and the new one looks just like it. The typical person will not even know it's an all new car. I do like the new interior though and a new S5 will be on my short list.

Last edited by jjsC6; 08-18-2016 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default &

Guys, I think the new A7 will look like a stunner and the new designs are very sharp and yet very classy looking. Thats what makes Audis timeless and they age very well compared to the boring BMW designs and the melted Mercedes designs. Heck its even better than the overwrought Lexus designs which I thought was awesome in the beginning with my 2013 GS350 but they ruined the front and made that huge grill which led to drop in sales.

I love my 2016 Audi A7 design and I dont want them to mess with it. Its too perfect and very sharp. If the new A7 has evolutionary approaching to the current A7 I will respect Audi for not messing up something thats so good! The new Q7 to me is a stunner! It looks imposing and very clean from far away and close. IT makes my 2015 BMW X5 look a bit douchy in a way. I plan to get the new Q7 once Audi resumes the diesel sales here. Otherwise Audi is doing the right thing. Now, they better not in one way or the other ruin the new redesign of the A8. The current A8 is getting old in the tooth and the D3 version was better looking in my opinion with the facelift then the current A8.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like this thread simply because it shows what auto companies are up against. Buyers see things very differently in many cases. Thay can't please everyone.