A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Emissions scandal

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
So you are okay if hundreds of thousands of honest workers at VW lose their jobs over the actions of what might have been literally a few people? There is not a major company in the world who doesn't have a few dishonest people. Go after them and don't lump the entire company in with them.
Did I say I was? - hundred of thousands? let's not try and put words out there that were not written and stay on point.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey jjsC6 -

Sorry for the snarky reply! I do feel the same way about a few bad apples etc; it just was not the point I was trying to make.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you understand my point. Yes, I tried to put into context what if everyone felt the same way you do. Large corporations are just that. They have lots of innocent employees and lots of innocent investors (stockholders) who have no way of knowing what a few bad people are doing.

Last edited by jjsC6; 10-06-2015 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by a7ubercoupe
Audi should dump that "truth in engineering" slogan now
how about just changing the word order, for example:
"engineering the truth"

sorry, worked for an ad agency for many years, couldn't resist
Old 10-07-2015, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

My biggest concern is that as a result of VW getting hit with significant fines and costs associated with this mess, they will need to cut costs to survive. Product development is likely to take a hit. Audi has prided itself in the engineering department. My guess is that VW will focus more on survival mode at least in the short/mid term and this will have huge trickle down ramifications.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cheaters

VW Hit With Second EPA Violation for V-6 Diesels, Including Porsche and Audi TDIs ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Really, Really glad I got a gas A7.
You guys are crazy if you don't think this will effect resale value.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Baloo588
I wouldn't rush to decision yet please. My 2014 Audi A6 TDI vin number is not under the scrutinized engines nor is yours. At least Audi is trying to be honest and the CEO wrote the letter to accurately describe the situation the parent company VW did. I know its unfortunate and unacceptable but if I was offered to upgrade my engine computer for lesser emission and get less gas mileage, I would opt to say no. Sorry.
kinda saw this coming (sigh) glad there wasn't a A7 TDI prestige sport when I got my 2013! Good luck to you
Old 11-04-2015, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by a7ubercoupe
how about just changing the word order, for example:
"engineering the truth"

sorry, worked for an ad agency for many years, couldn't resist
It seems the graphic artists are hard at work.

Last edited by fkaufman; 11-04-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow, now vw are admitting to c02 and mpg discrepancies. I think every manufacturer needs to admit to that though
Old 12-10-2015, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Blah blah blah

Originally Posted by snagitseven
That conclusion assumes VAG would goe out of business over this. Pretty doubtful that agencies in any of the countries involved would want to see that happen. VAG will likely feel some significant financial and reputation hurt over this mess but putting hundreds of thousands out of work is unlikely.

As to going after the top brass that made the decisions to cheat, don't worry - the various judicial departments around the world are sharpening their knives.
-
My only concern is that the resources that the company could dedicate to R&D might be affected because of the potential liability. Other than that, it's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately world.
---
I bought an '85 Audi 100 after its resale value had been whacked by about 50%. It turned out fine. Call me selfish, and call me amazed that these crazy Germans had he ***** to do this. There is this weirdness that the Deutschlanders can sometimes pop out with. But they make great cars, and will continue to do so. Your Audis will do just fine. Just ask Marlene Dietrich.

Quick Reply: Emissions scandal