A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI and map version

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to dealer today to get the map and MMI upgrade and they tried to tell me that mine was upgraded. They then told me that the version I have them was for another vehicle. Can anyone confirm that the latest version for the 2013 a7 is the one previously mentioned.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phoneboy6
Went to dealer today to get the map and MMI upgrade and they tried to tell me that mine was upgraded. They then told me that the version I have them was for another vehicle. Can anyone confirm that the latest version for the 2013 a7 is the one previously mentioned.

Don't know about the Map but 814 is the latest and greatest on MMI. Got the dealer to upgrade mine based on phone pairing issues gave him the TSB from another thead. Put it in no problem but did talk to on of the techs before he said they were going to do the install under waranty
Old 09-28-2015, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by phoneboy6
Latest version for the MMI is 814
Old 09-29-2015, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by diddlyv
Wow $400 Plus for an upgrade, think I will make do and use Waze and my tmobile data.
Yeah, you'd think they would lower the price to make some more sales. It's a product that is already produced, so any revenue would be almost all profit for Audi. There must be some issue or strategy that's beyond us...
Old 09-29-2015, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Tman007
Yeah, you'd think they would lower the price to make some more sales. It's a product that is already produced, so any revenue would be almost all profit for Audi. There must be some issue or strategy that's beyond us...
Since Audi USA requires a dealer to do the map data install on cars with Nav Plus they pay for the NavTeq sourced disc (about $100) and the rest is labor. While a tech doesn't have to babysit the whole time, you are paying for the three hours or so for the update while the car is taking up a service bay.

With the new MMI as found in the 2015 A3/S3 and 2016 C7 series, owners can download and update the maps on their own with several years free included with a new car. Presumably, all new nav equipped Audis will have the new MMI in MY2017.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
First off, the TMC is the designation for the Sirius traffic designator and not connected via Audi Connect cellular. Mine hasn't shown for years, my traffic works and I wouldn't worry about the symbol.

You are no longer connected to the internet. Assuming you still have an active T-Mobile subscription to Audi Connect, have you tried the following?
Remove the sim and reinsert it.
Reboot the MMI (press menu+center ****+upper right function button.
Wait and see if it's a local T-Mobile issue and try again later.
If these don't work, the update may have not been applied correctly and would have to be redone by the dealer.
SnagitSeven - Weird issue recently my nav was displaying traffic (green, orange, red) based on traffic. But now for some reason it hasn't shown it for a couple days, any ideas?

MY2012 A7 and I have XM/Sirus, Audi connect as well.

Tx.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by localbrew
SnagitSeven - Weird issue recently my nav was displaying traffic (green, orange, red) based on traffic. But now for some reason it hasn't shown it for a couple days, any ideas?

MY2012 A7 and I have XM/Sirus, Audi connect as well.

Tx.
Did your traffic subscription run out? Sirius radio and Sirius traffic are separate subscriptions. (As I said, Audi Connect has nothing to do with Sirius; Sirius signals comes from satellite and AC comes from cellular over the car's cellular modem.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Did your traffic subscription run out? Sirius radio and Sirius traffic are separate subscriptions. (As I said, Audi Connect has nothing to do with Sirius; Sirius signals comes from satellite and AC comes from cellular over the car's cellular modem.
Good call, let me check that...thank you sir.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

SnagitSeven - can you delete my other thread I started, problem solved. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by localbrew
SnagitSeven - can you delete my other thread I started, problem solved. Thanks.
Do you want to share the solution?

BTW, I deleted the other thread and in the future, please don't use multiple threads to ask the same question.

Quick Reply: MMI and map version