A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Want to order 2016 A7, Q: Sports suspension package or not

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgcasa
So far I've contacted four dealers in the SoCal area within 25 miles of my home. Two said they would order the 2016 A7 with my specified options for about $100-$200 over invoice + T&L. One I'm still awaiting a response. One insisted on full MSRP. When I gave the salesman at dealer X both his competitors $5K+ lower offers, and the info on the Audi Club of NA discount, he still insisted the price was full MSRP, period ... insisting that was simply a 'fair profit' on a 'special' low production model required for him to make a living, and that he was a professional salesman not a 'metal mover'. Right. He's selling art and a lifestyle, not metal. He must have missed out on economics 101, and forgotten about the dealer's other incentives and OEM marketing kickbacks they get compensated on ... and that there'd be no carrying costs for this car since it wouldn't spend a day on their lot. Amazing in this day and age of internet information.
The 6% discount has 2% refunded by Audi to the dealer so they are making 'something'. Knowing how many dealers participate, I'd think it's ok to consider the 2% on an order as 'fair'.

On the flip side, I know the sales guys -at least at my dealership- get a low, flat commission on orders. Personally I'd rather take a low commission than none at all!

With my 6% Audi Club NA discount, the $2K in Audi loyalty and Audi Care thrown in, I'm just over 9% off MSRP if you add it all up... MSRP was just 7% over invoice on my build. So even with the 2% kick back, my dealer's not really making anything. Although, my Sales Guy still gets a commission, they get another potential future allotment and a sale to their region as well as a loyal customer who is on their 3rd Audi purchase in 2 years.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by melland
The 6% discount has 2% refunded by Audi to the dealer so they are making 'something'. Knowing how many dealers participate, I'd think it's ok to consider the 2% on an order as 'fair'.

On the flip side, I know the sales guys -at least at my dealership- get a low, flat commission on orders. Personally I'd rather take a low commission than none at all!

With my 6% Audi Club NA discount, the $2K in Audi loyalty and Audi Care thrown in, I'm just over 9% off MSRP if you add it all up... MSRP was just 7% over invoice on my build. So even with the 2% kick back, my dealer's not really making anything. Although, my Sales Guy still gets a commission, they get another potential future allotment and a sale to their region as well as a loyal customer who is on their 3rd Audi purchase in 2 years.
The 2% & loyalty come from Audi, not the dealership, so they're making ~3-3.5% (I don't remember the invoice on AudiCare, but giving it to you does not cost them the retail value), not counting any back-end incentives for volume and good survey feedback.

Your dealer is pretty happy about this sale.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
The 2% & loyalty come from Audi, not the dealership, so they're making ~3-3.5% (I don't remember the invoice on AudiCare, but giving it to you does not cost them the retail value), not counting any back-end incentives for volume and good survey feedback.

Your dealer is pretty happy about this sale.
Oh I totally agree - there is always something for them regardless of the exact numbers. And I forgot about Loyalty being from Audi too. Just surprised dawgcasa's dealer refused outright - I mean, something is better than nothing right?
Old 03-07-2015, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well, put in my order with Walters Audi in Riverside. 2016 A7 TDI Premium Plus, Sports package, Driver assist, Bose. Tornado Gray with black interior ... Daytona Gray was my 1st choice but is no longer available in 2016 in the regular A7 trim level. Its only available in the S7/RS7 line. Tornado Gray is new to the A7 line in 2016 ... slightly lighter shade from Daytona. Brett at Walters was very helpful and pleasant, great to work with.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dawgcasa
Well, put in my order with Walters Audi in Riverside. 2016 A7 TDI Premium Plus, Sports package, Driver assist, Bose. Tornado Gray with black interior ... Daytona Gray was my 1st choice but is no longer available in 2016 in the regular A7 trim level. Its only available in the S7/RS7 line. Tornado Gray is new to the A7 line in 2016 ... slightly lighter shade from Daytona. Brett at Walters was very helpful and pleasant, great to work with.
Nice build, other than color & black optics, I've got the same car on order.

I see TDI's showing as 'In Transit' on dealer sites but none on the lots yet. Let's hope we see them soon so custom orders start getting on the line.

Did your dealer give you an ETA?
Old 03-07-2015, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by melland
Nice build, other than color & black optics, I've got the same car on order.

I see TDI's showing as 'In Transit' on dealer sites but none on the lots yet. Let's hope we see them soon so custom orders start getting on the line.

Did your dealer give you an ETA?
The ETA was 90 days ... but they took my order and substituted it onto an allocation car that was already in process, so they said that should shave 5 weeks off the 90 days.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I got the 6% off immediately when i applied for the lifetime audi club membership yesterday. Then i got another 2k off for audi loyalty on the new 2016 A7. Do the math and thats a tons off the MSRP! ; )

Also, the new A7 with the sports 20 inch package ride smoother then my 2013 Lexus GS F-Sport and my POS 2011 BMW 535i drive. The new continental all seasons are sublime tires with great ride, handling, comfort, and noise. Check them out!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=ProContact+TX
Old 03-25-2015, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baloo588
I got the 6% off immediately when i applied for the lifetime audi club membership yesterday. Then i got another 2k off for audi loyalty on the new 2016 A7. Do the math and thats a tons off the MSRP! ; )

Also, the new A7 with the sports 20 inch package ride smoother then my 2013 Lexus GS F-Sport and my POS 2011 BMW 535i drive. The new continental all seasons are sublime tires with great ride, handling, comfort, and noise. Check them out!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=ProContact+TX
I found the car rides great on many surfaces, but not concrete washboard surfaces. The test drive did not show that. Hopefully your roads are better in that regard. I personally would not get 20s again.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
I found the car rides great on many surfaces, but not concrete washboard surfaces. The test drive did not show that. Hopefully your roads are better in that regard. I personally would not get 20s again.
Hmmm. I am very picky and when I drove on concrete and grooved washboard surfaces with this car, it felt so smooth and composed with the continentals on the 2016 version as opposed to the goodyears on the 2015 or the yokohamas on the 2014. Those other tires made the car feel jiggly and harsh with 20s. I thought the car would ride rougher then my GS F-sport but its so much more smoother. I am happy with the 20s especially with the new continental tires which are better compound and absorb road vibration and irregularities more. Check them out.

BTW, our highways are crappy here in Michigan, only 50% of them are smooth yet this car is super smooth. I feel that I can give a good feedback on how great this car is on ALL roads from smooth to concrete to washboard to grooved to tarmac, etc. Its fantastic and unfettered at all speeds.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Hmmm. I am very picky and when I drove on concrete and grooved washboard surfaces with this car, it felt so smooth and composed with the continentals on the 2016 version as opposed to the goodyears on the 2015 or the yokohamas on the 2014. Those other tires made the car feel jiggly and harsh with 20s. I thought the car would ride rougher then my GS F-sport but its so much more smoother. I am happy with the 20s especially with the new continental tires which are better compound and absorb road vibration and irregularities more. Check them out.

BTW, our highways are crappy here in Michigan, only 50% of them are smooth yet this car is super smooth. I feel that I can give a good feedback on how great this car is on ALL roads from smooth to concrete to washboard to grooved to tarmac, etc. Its fantastic and unfettered at all speeds.
My car has Continentals. I'd say that less than 10% of the miles I drive bother me, so it really is dependent upon specific sections of road

Quick Reply: Want to order 2016 A7, Q: Sports suspension package or not