A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can i fix this under part of the audi s8?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i fix this under part of the audi s8?

Hello,

I would like to know which kind of parts would i need to fix this audi a8. Looks like the trunk floor is missing, what is this part called? Voila:

wooh no trunk floor

looks like the exhaust and the spare tire well

comes with a lot of parts

what are these parts on the floor?

Thanks

Kind Regards
eins
Old 09-18-2014, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I saw that A8 on a Copart auction. Is it yours now?

That spare wheel well is trunk floor, but they cut it around so you need new one. It is plastic. You would need new trunk lid too. Exhaust looks OK. Parts on the ground are just trunk trim and heat shield above mufflers. From those pictures it is not clear what is damaged and how much, including rear bumper.

The BIG question is how much the frame is damaged. I hope you don't think about doing it yourself.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Me too, no I was thinking about it.

Why would they cut the trunk floor? New Trunk Lid? Trunk lid looks good to me, needs some dent repair only. Looks like a small fender bender,

Trunk looks good, no major damage, needs to get reattached though. Don't know about the frame though.

I don't have much experience with body work. Looks like a new trunk floor and some elbow grease on the bumper, trunk lid and exhaust system and you got a nice looking a8. Looks like an easy fix for the new owner
Old 09-18-2014, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

edit from previous post dont know how to edit a post

*Trunk( I meant Bumper)looks good, no major damage, needs to get reattached though. Don't know about the frame though.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Doesn't look terrible. If you got it cheap enough it would be worth it to fix it.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

It is nice to be an optimist but don't underestimate the fact that it was totaled by insurance.

Trunk lid doesn't look good and it is definitely cheaper to replace it with a used one than to fix it. Don't forget that it is all aluminum car.

They cut out spare wheel well because there is some damage to the frame and it is the only way to get to it.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A8

Frame damage or not doesn't look too bad on the outside.

It was going for USD 6500 around the time the auction ended.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
It is nice to be an optimist but don't underestimate the fact that it was totaled by insurance.

Trunk lid doesn't look good and it is definitely cheaper to replace it with a used one than to fix it. Don't forget that it is all aluminum car.

They cut out spare wheel well because there is some damage to the frame and it is the only way to get to it.
This, you can barely see it

Old 09-19-2014, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mishar

+1. My small hit in the front looked like minor repair but it was $27K worth of repairs. The front has so many more parts than the rears so it is not as complicated to repair as the front but repairs on an aluminum car can be very costly.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So they cut out the spare tire well so they could get a picture of the bent frame rails.

Quick Reply: can i fix this under part of the audi s8?