A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Beam: Bi-Xenon Only to Bi-Xenon with Halogen High Beam

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobster1121
Sorry but forums are for everyone and i didn't realize THE NEWBIES should know everything ? everyone starts somewhere and if you cant be bothered to help with posts then that is fine but its far easier to put people down then help then you have a real problem also people sometimes need to vent see post vandalism is that so bad ? i mean really can you hear yourself when you write these posts?.
so things get re-covered is that really so bad? could you not just chip in and help? would that be so bad? do we have to keep everything to meer technical questions and if so questions not covered before? if this is the case could you list all the topics that have been covered so i dont waste any of your time on this great site
regards bob
Kudos to you!! If you don't like the post don't ****ing read it!! Bunch of whining toolbags!!
Old 12-03-2016, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike141
Yeah, not a newbie here and as Mister Bally said this has been covered numerous times in the past 10yrs or so. Why don't we talk about how a vehicle gets vandalized? You think there this only happens in the UK, come on, talk about a waste of space on this great site https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...m-usa-2910486/
Have a good day.
Yeah, he was calling himself a newbie. The vandalism thread is perfectly fine to have, I don't really understand why you've taken offense.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts

FWIW, I would tone down what sound like what have drifted to personal attacks. In turn has me take a mental note in my freedom to decide what to try to help on or not. If valued, others' choice in turn for how they want to play it.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 12-03-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jlbell- I appreciate your effort. I would personally like to see more steps by step posts for the vag-com. For instance someone mention coding to roll up(or down) all windows, but I don't have the first f___ing clue how to go about it.
In short thanks for the post and the effort!
Old 12-10-2016, 01:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MT Born
jlbell- I appreciate your effort. I would personally like to see more steps by step posts for the vag-com. For instance someone mention coding to roll up(or down) all windows, but I don't have the first f___ing clue how to go about it.
In short thanks for the post and the effort!
Thank you. And it is hit and miss with finding a procedure for it. I know I coded my car for it. I will try and see if I have a procedure I roughly followed, to find the relevant modules, then post my coding I currently have. I know once it is active in the coding a menu for the MMI and "convenience open" can be selected in the hidden menu of the MMI, then it shows up in the car menu to activate or deactivate the convenience open. I almost always shut the system off during the winter, heavy storms, or storing the car outside for a long period, as not to accidentally trigger it.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

To avoid the negative posts maybe we should all start threads with 'Not sure if it's been covered before' or 'I searched but could not find it'

Nice post thanks for taking the time to do what many would not.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Btw is you make last two bits xxxxx24 you will have daytime runing lights on fog lights and you can switch them on/off in MMI SETUP>>Exterior lights

Lights OFF and daytime lights off = lights off
Lights ON and daytime lights off = normal lights on
Lights OFF and daytime lights on = fog lights on and position lights on
Lights ON and daytime lights on = normal lights on

Last edited by drago_o; 12-16-2016 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by drago_o
Btw is you make last two bits xxxxx24 you will have daytime runing lights on fog lights and you can switch them on/off in MMI SETUP>>Exterior lights

Lights OFF and daytime lights off = lights off
Lights ON and daytime lights off = normal lights on
Lights OFF and daytime lights on = fog lights on and position lights on
Lights ON and daytime lights on = normal lights on
You will get that if you set country to Canada. Option to switch DRL off is separate setup.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have turned off DRLs as they are pointless.

See attached National Highway Safety report which says:

"The analysis found that DRLs have no statistically significant overall effects...", i.e. overall they are pointless
Old 12-18-2016, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

In some countries they are obligatory

Quick Reply: High Beam: Bi-Xenon Only to Bi-Xenon with Halogen High Beam