A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI - Interrmittent cut outs on radio etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2008 A6 would do the same sound cuts out for 3 sec often. Thanks to you guys I found jumping the AMI with a 13$ optical loop solved plus I can now pair my Samsung Galaxy GP 1234! I tought the BT module was to blame but nooo! I did not find anything about disabling AMI in VCDS?

👍🏼
Old 04-06-2016, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default I changed Can gateway, NO CP here.

Originally Posted by Shamoye Lewis
Which modules have component protection
CD changer
SDS module
MMI controller (not always)
Can Gateway
Amplifier Modules
Driver Identification module
Air con control
Instrument Cluster

Modules without protection
Radio module
DAB radio
TV tuner
Navigation module
AMI
BT modules
SAP modules
Parking Controller
I changed the CAN Gateway from 4E0 to 4L0 and works right out of the box. Now the thing I recommended is to enable and disable things that are on/off the car. I think most of CP caused by the new components were not configured correctly with the existing car. Again, I may be wrong.

My old components

New CAN bus

Cheers,

Louis
Old 11-11-2016, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mishar
That sounds like Component Protection. Have you changed some module?
The problem was the telephone interface.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You have to check for fault codes. Any of modules in the ring can cause that. Fiber optic ring itself too. You need VCDS in order to do that yourself.

To reset MMI you press simultaneously phone + main MMI button + front right one next to the main.
Does anyone have the part no. for the part that has commonly caused the issue?

I have this on my A4 B8.5 avant black edition - started last week, reviewed all threads and tried all the currently supplied solutions with no joy, I have the B&O setup, only variance i have to others i do not have any DAB and Radio, i get the 'currently unavailable' error on volume adjust on the radio, all other sound will play but for the dreaded 27-28 seconds before a 4 sec reset. (sat nav, SD card, Juke box, bluetooth play from phone) - i do have a panoramic roof with a leak in passenger side front and rear corners which started at a similar time so i'm kind of thinking the 2 things are linked????

Don't fancy the hideous Audi bill to repair either of these issues (circa 5k) - cars done 45k on a '13 plate
Old 09-22-2021, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That sounds like Component Protection. Have you changed some module?
Hello there, I did replace my tuner module and am now getting the audio skipping thing but only when playing radio. My Bluetooth and everything works. Is there a fix for the intermittent audio if you have replaced a module? Originally our tuner kept blowing the fuse but now it's almost working
Old 11-29-2021, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default CP removal?

Hi Storka, saw on a few posts that you had a Jack in Poland who could remove CP remotely? i just bought a 2010 A4 for my daughter and the radio sound won't work and say that CP is on. Can you put me in contact with your Jack so I can see if we can solve this issue?

thanks

QUOTE=storka;24746150]Ok so you are basically swapping out and in the same part.
So you new for under $500.
Used cheapest I see posted about $290.
So new maybe the way to go for piece of mind.
So audi dealer was going to charge heaps to roll the seat back and plug in the loop and later charge to install a 100% mark up above retail module.
And have already got a dollar from you to look at it.
unbelievable well not really. That's how they roll.

Code it the same as your old unit from your vcd printout. I have a rSAP model in mine coding may be different. 0060021
Most important fix the water leak
cheers[/QUOTE]
Old 12-01-2021, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ENGUERRAN
Hi Storka, saw on a few posts that you had a Jack in Poland who could remove CP remotely? i just bought a 2010 A4 for my daughter and the radio sound won't work and say that CP is on. Can you put me in contact with your Jack so I can see if we can solve this issue?

thanks

QUOTE=storka;24746150]Ok so you are basically swapping out and in the same part.
So you new for under $500.
Used cheapest I see posted about $290.
So new maybe the way to go for piece of mind.
So audi dealer was going to charge heaps to roll the seat back and plug in the loop and later charge to install a 100% mark up above retail module.
And have already got a dollar from you to look at it.
unbelievable well not really. That's how they roll.

Code it the same as your old unit from your vcd printout. I have a rSAP model in mine coding may be different. 0060021
Most important fix the water leak
cheers
[/QUOTE]
He has been hard to get hold of lately

send him a few lines on what you need done.
You will need a vas 5054a clone get the full chip version ( ebay )
About $ 130 or so.
Have a dedicated laptop for car ( nothing on you don't want anyone to see as he will take control of it.
You will need Skype and teamviewer.
Yes Internet connection.
Have laptop and vas connected to your Audi and follow his instructions. He has to download some programs to your laptop.
Did my CD player in a couple of minutes after the downloads.
Charged me 50 euro but that's between you and him.
Pay via PayPal after the job is done.
He will be trusting you not the other way around.
He has a genuine geko account and knows what he is doing.
sent text of what you want done.

Skype is jacekk993
The following users liked this post:
ENGUERRAN (12-01-2021)
Old 01-21-2022, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Cutting out from cold??

Hi all, thanks for reading an I hope someone can help point the right direction. I have read the other posts but can't find the same symptoms so thought best to ask.

2010 A5. Mmi cuts in and out when cold( first used). I Will cut in and out at random. Lose all sound, display and clocks info bit. After 20 mins driving all works perfect. When is cutting out it seems to be effected by braking, hard acceleration corning, but there is no pattern. Sometimes it's off for 2 seconds, other times 5 mins. Turn the car on and off it instantly works again or hold down power button to shut down and then restart and it works again.

Scanned and shows no faults?? Im praying someone may now which direction to start in please.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi was hoping somebody would be able to give me some advise, I have a problem with my Audi Q5. My sound seems to cut out for a second every 20 seconds or so. Sometime’s my MMI does a full shutdown then will not turn back on, this only happens when my heater is on though even blowing cold. Where will I find all the modules to check for the fibre optic, I have just purchase a loop for it to check.
thanks
Old 03-06-2022, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default MMI randomly turning on while car is parked

My Mmi screen is randomly raising and turning on while car is off and parked. It’s killing my battery. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Short in the on/off/mute button? Fuse issue? I appreciate any incite anyone may have. Thanks!