A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI - Interrmittent cut outs on radio etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Denison Gateway seems to be pretty popular. I think I am going to look in to it.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Geez only 1-hour?

Originally Posted by 05SilverA8
You can get a fiber jumper here or PM me and I can provide one to you for a few dollars less. It is about 1 hours work to put it in, the BT module is under the carpet in front of the drivers seat.
And Audi quoted me 3.5 hours to do the loop test and bypass to remove phone from optical ring. Will PM you shortly. Probably good to have anyways. Thanks
I don't even know if I have BT, I have never seen any feature that control it in my MMI. I am pre-wired for phone.

doug
Old 11-20-2015, 04:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default helpful thanks

Originally Posted by storka
What is the jumper?
Do you mean the $5 fibre optic loop ?
Buy cheap fibre optic loop.
Pull your phone box.
Put loop in then every thing else will work if no other faults.
Search eBay for the same phone box ( cheap cheap )
Or if you have fixed phone get Bluetooth box and connector and bye bye fixed phone.
No component protection on the phone units just coding
Thanks Storka, exactly what I needed step by step. On it now. So I am into the new OEM phone module part for $298 plus shipping saw as high as $545. No fixed phone so only interested in getting phone in optical loop working so I can activate my BT, up-grade my MMI software for AMI (from 2740 to 4610). man I hope this works and I am not chasing device change outs!! I will look into Denison if I find I have no BT box. Buying loop from 05SilverA8 forum member below.

Oh, where do I find coding for phone? 2007 S8. Any idea?

Thanks again

Last edited by dcc1433; 11-20-2015 at 04:23 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

What is your part number for phone in 77 phone vcd printout?
Old 11-23-2015, 12:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Telephone Module

What is your part number for phone in 77 phone vcd printout?
Part number is 4F0910336HX (I ordered from VW bcz $75 cheaper, same part number)…..interface and software
Old 11-23-2015, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ok so you are basically swapping out and in the same part.
So you new for under $500.
Used cheapest I see posted about $290.
So new maybe the way to go for piece of mind.
So audi dealer was going to charge heaps to roll the seat back and plug in the loop and later charge to install a 100% mark up above retail module.
And have already got a dollar from you to look at it.
unbelievable well not really. That's how they roll.

Code it the same as your old unit from your vcd printout. I have a rSAP model in mine coding may be different. 0060021
Most important fix the water leak
cheers
Old 11-30-2015, 05:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok so you are basically swapping out and in the same part.
So you new for under $500.
Used cheapest I see posted about $290.
So new maybe the way to go for piece of mind.
So audi dealer was going to charge heaps to roll the seat back and plug in the loop and later charge to install a 100% mark up above retail module.
And have already got a dollar from you to look at it.
unbelievable well not really. That's how they roll.

Code it the same as your old unit from your vcd printout. I have a rSAP model in mine coding may be different. 0060021
Most important fix the water leak
cheers
Thanks, yea the dealership got me for $156 diagnostic. I found new module for $298 with $50 core fee if I return with old one. Will have my local shop do the install.Tnanks for the tip on the VCD printout old code. Yours looks similar I think. The water leak is a good ad………didn't even think about that. Now, for where that might be. Local soft carwash is suspect now
Old 11-30-2015, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I bought the car from an auction with a few problems. I have done all problems (coolant leak, air suspension problem, front bumper). However, I am having problem with the MMI system. I got Audi MMI on screen and relay clicking from trunk (maybe 10 times). Finally the screen goes blank. It is most likely something wrong with one of the components or the MMI control unit that connected each others with fiber optic. I obviously need a VCDS scan. However, when I got the car left rear door did not get any power. When I removed to door panel I got the wire cut out and someone took out the speaker. My question is that does a missing speaker cause to fault entire MMI system?
Old 11-30-2015, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ms777
I bought the car from an auction with a few problems. I have done all problems (coolant leak, air suspension problem, front bumper). However, I am having problem with the MMI system. I got Audi MMI on screen and relay clicking from trunk (maybe 10 times). Finally the screen goes blank. It is most likely something wrong with one of the components or the MMI control unit that connected each others with fiber optic. I obviously need a VCDS scan. However, when I got the car left rear door did not get any power. When I removed to door panel I got the wire cut out and someone took out the speaker. My question is that does a missing speaker cause to fault entire MMI system?
No, it doesn't. Your first assumption is better. VCDS scan, including optic ring scan, will tell where is the problem.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dcc1433
Thanks, yea the dealership got me for $156 diagnostic. I found new module for $298 with $50 core fee if I return with old one. Will have my local shop do the install.Tnanks for the tip on the VCD printout old code. Yours looks similar I think. The water leak is a good ad………didn't even think about that. Now, for where that might be. Local soft carwash is suspect now
Sunroof?
Check your drains

Quick Reply: MMI - Interrmittent cut outs on radio etc.