A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any feedback on the H&R Lowering system for D4 A8?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any feedback on the H&R Lowering system for D4 A8?

Have any of you used the H&R lowering system? Found it on the Achtuning.com website but no user reviews. Here is the description below. Does it work as seamlessly as they describe? Enough lowering to justify doing it?
I am not looking for a slammed look- just want to tighten up the fender/tire gap for a better stance. They have it listed for $562. Decent price? thanks in advance for input.
GP
2013 A8 4.0T

H&R 28951-1 ETS Electronic Lowering System for 2012-2014 Audi D4 A8
The H&R 28951-1 Electronic Lowering System for the Audi D4 A8 Quattro works with the factory air suspension to easily lower the vehicle. Lowering with H&R ETS enhances the look of your vehicle with a reduced fender well gap, and improves handling with a lower center of gravity. H&R ETS retains the factory height adjustment switch and its functionality.

H&R 28951-1 Suspension Height:

Ride Height:
Front 1.25" lower than stock
Rear 1.25" lower than stock
H&R ETS Units:
H&R ETS modules are ISO 9001 certified and TUV approved.

H&R ETS Install:
H&R ETS modules are plug-and-play, with no wire cutting and splicing or mechanical wrenching necessary. This means that no modifications to your factory wire harness are required and that the module looks like a factory installation. H&R ETS kits come with all the parts required for installation. The H&R ETS unit is easily removed whenever you want to return your car back to factory specification.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should look into whether you can just lower the car via VCDS like you can in the D3. I'd imagine it is possible. The upside is you save money and get a VCDS cable that you will be able to use for many more projects.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SaltyIrishman
You should look into whether you can just lower the car via VCDS like you can in the D3. I'd imagine it is possible. The upside is you save money and get a VCDS cable that you will be able to use for many more projects.
Salty- thanks for the constructive feedback. Will look into it. The ride height bothers me every time I walk up to the car! Cheers.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not sure if this is the same but the front of my car bumper underskirt was scratching on parking curbs. A good poster here helped me find out how to do it (manual difficult) and I 'raised' the car just by pushing a button. Didnt feel like it was much, but it stopped the problem.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Pwrshift
Not sure if this is the same but the front of my car bumper underskirt was scratching on parking curbs. A good poster here helped me find out how to do it (manual difficult) and I 'raised' the car just by pushing a button. Didnt feel like it was much, but it stopped the problem.
Unfortunately, I am trying to go the other way- lower it, and the car doesn't have a "sport" or lower setting like some cars do. I saw that a British company makes some lowering links, but these may make the ride harsh.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gauta///M
I saw that a British company makes some lowering links, but these may make the ride harsh.
Any lowering will make ride harsher by default. Less air in springs acts like shortened steel springs allowing less suspension travel under same forces. Stiffer springs require more dampening from shock absorbers and that's what you get with VCDS lowering. I don't know how or if it is possible for D4.

Links lowering won't change shock absorbers setting making spring/shock absorber assembly a bit off. Not the end of the world but not improvement either.

I don't know what exactly they did with that electronic lowering, but for that money it better be more than simple lowering sensors cheat.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Any lowering will make ride harsher by default. Less air in springs acts like shortened steel springs allowing less suspension travel under same forces. Stiffer springs require more dampening from shock absorbers and that's what you get with VCDS lowering. I don't know how or if it is possible for D4.

Links lowering won't change shock absorbers setting making spring/shock absorber assembly a bit off. Not the end of the world but not improvement either.

I don't know what exactly they did with that electronic lowering, but for that money it better be more than simple lowering sensors cheat.

Thanks for the input. The H&R kit does exactly what you mention- cheats the ride height sensors. It is a "clean" solution in the sense that no cutting or wrenching required, but big $$$.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Gauta - can you post before/after pics once you get the H&R kit installed? I just picked up a '12 LWB and foresee wanting to improve the visual look of the stance as well.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was on H&R web site and they list the ETS kit for $2200.00. For that price the lowered look is not worth it! Perhaps if the improvement in handling was significant but they only comment on the lower center of gravity and I doubt that is going to effect handling that much to make it worth 2 grand! For the $562, perhaps the purely cosmetic improvement may be worth it? Where did you find if for 1/4 price?

Mike
Old 04-16-2015, 05:41 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

H&R 28951-1 ETS Electronic Lowering System for 2012-2014 Audi D4 S8

The price given in the thread is the discount, not the price.

Quick Reply: Any feedback on the H&R Lowering system for D4 A8?