Thought I'd share a pic of the old girl I took the other night, coming up to her 4th birthday in May - decision time very shortly whether to go for:
- A 5 or 6 month old new S8 - depending the spec, hopefully the same stuff as previously plus matrix lighting and the 4G compatibility
- As above but the revised 4.2 TDI
- A new one of either above
- RS6 - had one for 4 days and it is rather fast and addictive - plus frugal if you drive it normally (40mpg UK) or not 6mpg *smile*
- RS7 - getting one the week after next for a 4 day test drive)
The dealer is putting pressure on me to order a new car before the end of the year, yeah right, like I'm gonna do that without trying the revised A8/S8. The other thing about the new A8 is that the diesel has a 30 litre smaller boot (and the fuel tank in both is only 82 litres instead of 90 on the older car) . I'm not so sure about that. Then there's the talk of the virtual cockpit coming out in the new Q7 and the potential for a diesel SQ7. At this rate I'll never change until there's a perfect car (D5 possibly?).