A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-Hole Hits My Parked 3 Week Old 2015 S8

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have had a sudden lower back pain if a cop told me that after I was rear ended.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravill
I would have had a sudden lower back pain if a cop told me that after I was rear ended.
My buddy flops on the ground after an accident and says "It's swelling, oh my god it's swelling!"
When asked what, he always replies "The check you're gonna write me!"

Last edited by jakematic; 12-31-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typographical error
Old 12-31-2014, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Unfortunately, the car will now have an accident on the Carfax report and will certainly have some diminished value at resale. My wife had an accident in a brand new '13 Jag XKR that was not her fault, so the other party's insurance company paid for the repairs and gave us some diminished value dollars based on an industry standard formula, but only after we asked for it. The buzzword is "diminished value" and all of the insurance companies are well aware of it--just not sure if it is available if you make a claim on your own insurance, but worth a try. Of course, had the A-hole that hit you manned up and left a note on your car that would have been the route to go, but he probably didn't have insurance anyway.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sorry to hear about that. I had a similar thing happen on Thanksgiving while my wife and I were visiting my parents. The neighborhood was packed with cars parked on the street and I parked in their drive in front of their garage. Some idiot apparently backed over the curb, over part of my parents yard and hit the drivers side rear quarter panel. The impact left a dent at the bottom of the quarter panel and some nice gouges in the paint. They left some tire marks in the yard as well.

The other car was apparently white (based on the paint they left on my car) and of course they didn't leave a note or bother to come to the house where we were inside having dinner. Of course my parents outdoor security camera DVR wasn't working on that day...

Did you ask the theater if they have a security recording of the parking lot?

Good luck with your repairs.

Last edited by motegi; 01-02-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by motegi
I parked in their drive in front of their garage. Some idiot apparently backed over the curb, over part of my parents yard and hit the drivers side rear quarter panel.
Gads.... people have no respect at all anymore
Old 01-02-2015, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hit and Run....cowardly act.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by motegi
....Did you ask the theater if they have a security recording of the parking lot?

Good luck with your repairs.
Their camera only covers directly outside.

Update: I went to my local audi dealership (Rector) and they said they don't have the capability to fix it.

There WILL be replacement (ie cutting and welding) of aluminum panels.

Rector sent me to two body shops in san carlos (chilton's and superior). I stopped at chilton's first (superior took too long for my tastes in the past) and I was just called that they are not "audi certified".

There are only two body shops in the SF bay area that are "audi certifiied". And "audi certified" means that Audi won't even sell the body shop any parts for the car unless it is "audi certified".

Now my car will be towed to Pan American in San Jose. What an interesting (and very much a pain in the butt!) turn of events.

I'm very happy that my first hyper-sedan will be fixed to the highest degree.

Diminished value is on my radar as well.

Atleast my rental is a Buick!! (BBBIIIIGGG eyeroll! LOL)

Last edited by Ravill; 01-03-2015 at 07:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really hate to see this. I think that some bastards do this deliberately, just to be dirty to those of us that go out of the way to protect our investments.

Good luck on the repairs.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Chances are the driver was so drunk he didn't even know he hit you! Or too engrossed in their text message!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Sorry to see this..... our BMW was just backed into over the holidays. The guy that did it came into the store looking for us and was very apologetic.

As to the repair of your car. It seems a competent body shop should be able to repair the tear in the panel in front of the tire and clean up the rest of the damage with a hammer and dolly.

Quick Reply: A-Hole Hits My Parked 3 Week Old 2015 S8