A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you suggest Audi improve/add/remove in the next A8?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
Phenomenal range of the TDI's is a great selling point exactly against the range (and charging) anxiety any electric brings forth--no matter how big the battery pack--and the huge torque of the TDI can go right up against the inherent low down torque of electric that also attracts folks.
Yes, the TDI range and low down torque, especially on the 4.2 is great. I like the idea of a Tesla, but like the interior of my A8 and haven't found any car that matches it. Even a Rolls Royce Phantom isn't as nice in my opinion inside.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by synchrocnc

You've guessed it, boot/trunk space.
Hmm, a larger boot for surgical gloves, a medical brief case and a car that can go 0-62 in 5.5. Is this a hobby or work? ;-)
Old 11-17-2014, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jimmyw
I would suggest a different placement of the seat memory controls. Often times a passenger or someone I'm letting drive the car will hit the OFF button when reaching for the door handle to get out and then be confused by why the MMI pops up saying "Seat Memory Disabled" and then I have to turn it back on again when I notice it.
I agree, it's hard to reach from the drivers side to turn off the orange glowing light too!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kkirkg
I second that. Most annoying especially at the car wash when they move the seat completely forward or back.
I think a Valet memory option would be good. It would:
Move all seats to easy cleaning positions.
Lock the boot, I may leave a laptop in it and they leave the car unlocked and unattended
A special Valet key fob, which cannot be left in the ignition and gives a small shock if they try.
Does all windows and sunroof up before washing.
Raises suspension.
Moves windscreen wipers to change position.
Disables seat belt chimes.
Disables interior lights.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lj@dira.***
Interesting thread, at the best forum..
Steering
The steering the first ⅛ turn is good in comfort, but then its getting slightly to heave. Is there a steering recaibration avaliable?
Yes agreed, it's s great forum. Hence why us UK guys use it too!
Great clip of the Panamera, will be great see an A/S8 too.

I have always wanted an MMI adjustable power steering boost. Comfort is ok, but having driven a Q5 recently noticed how much heavier the A8 can be. It's also not consistent and often feels light. It's not just the speed sensitive adjustment.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side Mat Heel Guard

This relates to Audi as well as most other manufacturers. WHY do they not put a heel guard on the d/s floor mat. I'm starting to wear through my factory mat already. This is not the my first car that has had this problem.

Such a simple, very low cost fix . . . but then again that would cut down on OEM mat sales through their parts departments. (or am I too cynical?)
Old 11-20-2014, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Hitch Option

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
1) DIS Display darkened - Should dim all interior lights, Red LEDs and just show the speedometer and gauges if there is an issue, as in old Saabs.

2) Front and rear sensors should come on in slow traffic or parking forwards - Currently you must engage reverse to enable or turn them on manually and it turns off after 5mph, I like it on in parking lots and drive faster than that round those corkscrew exits.

3) Blinds should detect hot midday sun and auto cover to cool the car if left down.

4) Seat display adjustment should be on a dedicated display, like the climate and not require the MMI Screen, which you may closed. Controls should be in view on the door, as in Mercedes.
5) Cruise control should be variable with road speeds and weather and adjust accordingly, perhaps with a user defined +- 5 mph.

6) When the engine is running and driver has key, all doors should allow unlocking, not just drivers or originally unlocked doors. This current design is quite dangerous.

7) Customised DIS to add your own measurements.

8) Built in additional USB, HDMI in centre console, not just via adapters on MMI input. uPnP compatible and Apple AirPlay.

9) DIS Computer on MMI with Graphs for trips and shown on Nav.

10) More customised LEDs options, themes dependant on occupants and driving style.
I'd like to see an optional trailer hitch for the A8, that allow for external bike rack. European models have a westfalia hitch, but it is not set up for 2", or 1-1/2" hitch compatible bike racks.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
Hmm, a larger boot for surgical gloves, a medical brief case and a car that can go 0-62 in 5.5. Is this a hobby or work? ;-)
Very good, Work sadly. It is funny though when I arrive at a customer in the barge when most people in my job repairing machines arrive in a van!