Ecu Fryed ???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu Fryed ???????

well im currently getting no power at all to my pump my relay isnt even clicking on i hear nothing car wont start. did multimeter and tested the power wires when turning ignition on and off and im getting no 12v power directly to the fuel pump all the way to the fuse box and i just changed my relay and pump and my pump works if i hook it up to another power source. so is my ecu if there is no signal at all bien sent to the power harness in the back. i also changed the ign refrence and still nothing so is my ecu junk ?????????????
Old 05-27-2010, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does everything else in the car work? Defroster, radio, windows etc? Did you confirm that the fuse only blew while cleaning the connectors in the plug? can you test the socket with the relay removed for power. If you have power at the #30 terminal (i think) then you have a switching problem. All that means is you aren't getting a signal from the ecu to tell fuel pump to run. you really need to get yourself a bentley and begin testing per. Their troubleshooting is priceless
Old 05-27-2010, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by yota-toy
Does everything else in the car work? Defroster, radio, windows etc? Did you confirm that the fuse only blew while cleaning the connectors in the plug? can you test the socket with the relay removed for power. If you have power at the #30 terminal (i think) then you have a switching problem. All that means is you aren't getting a signal from the ecu to tell fuel pump to run. you really need to get yourself a bentley and begin testing per. Their troubleshooting is priceless

Totally agree.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

i wish im gettin this comp for free. so ima try it and ive tryed anything and everything dont have a ecu code reader either so screwed there i guess this guy might know thou he gots alot of audis my friend told me ill see if he come over after i do this comp and go from there and check shorts in the grounds if it dont start then ill give him a call and he will do a free test on it but so far everything in the car works radio everything it turns on if i keep the starter fluid spraying in it but the damn power wont turn on for the pump so im gettin relays to think mine is toast what else would cause a pump to not prime and have no power to the power wire all the way back to the pump
Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

where do i get a bently maby ill buy one someday i have a car manual but its not for like taken **** apart its for how **** works all the buttons i think ima just buy this 2x2 adapter then borrow the checkers OBD reader then get all the codes. im saying if it dont start after i throw this used ecu and tcu at it im gettin both for way way cheap so wth new comp ok good my old one has 313 thousand on it is why im thinking the fuel pump wire shorted out something broke there because when your driving a car shouldnt just die goin up a hill then not start or get fuel pump prime.........
Old 05-28-2010, 01:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try ebay for bentley's. I got both of mine for $90.
Ok, so everything else is working, that's good. How's the wiring under the hood. Any corrosion on any of the grounds? (the 5000 won't run at all if gnd wire on intake manifold is corroded). Any possibility the ecu has suffered water damage?
You car doesn't have self diagnostics?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

damn idk where the grounds are on the engine ive tryed looking but the v8 is like jammed in there where would the ground be at ? for ecu and i dont think its been water damaged it could have been but the ecu is like way behind the steering wheel
Old 05-08-2015, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

WHAT IS TERMINAL #30 AND WHERE IS IT LOCATED CAUSE I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM
Old 05-11-2015, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ditto on the ECU ground at the Intake manifold. Mine broke off at the spade, and it shut the whole vehicle down !
Old 05-15-2015, 10:46 AM
x19
AudiWorld Member

Default Relay Number

Originally Posted by Andre AsapAutomotive Jean
WHAT IS TERMINAL #30 AND WHERE IS IT LOCATED CAUSE I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM
All relay on car should have a diagram that which terminal on relay is showing to where, #30 power all the time and #85 or #86 power when Ignition "on" .

so, you will find which one (hole for terminals) is #30 on fuse box with test lamp. Good luck. x19