Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Will dealer switch Performance Pack tires?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will dealer switch Performance Pack tires?

Picking up s3 hopefully next week and was wondering if you guys think the dealer might agree to switch out the summer tires for some good all seasons?

Winter can get nasty in DC and I don't want to be the guy in the AWD car sliding all over the place. thoughts?
Old 10-15-2014, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by meestursparkle
thoughts?
Tire Rack.

I'd never give up my summer tires and I'd never try to use my summer tires in the winter. Check in with Gary at Tire Rack, Sparkles
Old 10-15-2014, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default OK

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Tire Rack.

I'd never give up my summer tires and I'd never try to use my summer tires in the winter. Check in with Gary at Tire Rack, Sparkles
I am guessing that is a place that stores your tires for you?

I like it. I really want to have summer rubber and be able to dominate in the snow.

Edit: I see...just a tire place with good prices.

Last edited by meestursparkle; 10-15-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Tire Rack.

Agree 100%. I almost made the mistake of having the dealer swap out my summer tires for a set of all seasons. Good thing they didn't. As stated above I went to Tire Rack and picked up a set of rims/tires for about $1400, mounted/balanced/delivered. I will now have two sets of tires/rims that I'll be swapping out during the seasons.

Tire rack is great because you can review and research all the different manufacturers. I ended up going with Continental DWS. Should be arriving next Wednesday. Good luck with your search and congrats on the car!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

My dealer (Audi of Tysons) not only swapped the summer tires for all seasons, they gave me the summer tires back, so I ended up with both sets! This was a couple of years ago for a new A7.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lordjop

Tire rack is great because you can review and research all the different manufacturers. I ended up going with Continental DWS. Should be arriving next Wednesday. Good luck with your search and congrats on the car!
Did you go for the Conti DWS over the Michelin AS/3 for better snow traction as reported in Tirerack? Would appreciate some feedback on how the road noise with DWS is, once you have them
Old 01-05-2015, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes. I went with the Continentals over the Michelin's not only because of the Tire Rack ratings but because i choose Continentals over my stock Michelin's when i had my '08 Honda Accord.

I should be getting my tires / rims this Wednesday so i'll provide feedback then! I also got the Sonax wheel cleaner and Wheel Wax, so i'll report how that works out on another thread!