Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 08-05-2016, 10:51 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

$170 Reverse/Backup camera kit and install

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awan831
Tried to remove the pushpins on the arms of the trunk but no luck. Is it push in the middle and pull on the outer ring at the same time to remove? Or is it pull out the middle first, then pull out the outer ring?
You press in on the center, once it pops in you can use a flat head to fish it out. Putting them back in you want to push that center piece all the way past the flush position so it pops out (if that makes sense), place it back into its hole and press the center piece down so its flush with the rest to lock it into place.

Just ordered my kit today, pretty excited because I have complained about this for the last 6 month. If you guys have any tips on running the wire to the trunk it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise ill just use the coat hanger trick and find a way to fish it through.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Installed and works Flawlessly!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I installed this backup camera over the weekend. The toughest part by far was getting the module and plug to go behind and up so that they are out of the way so that the radio can go back in place. There were some wires going into the radio that were bundled together. It helped to cut the bundle so that the wires that need to go in different directions had more slack.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

how do you guys run the camera cable from the trunk to the cabin?
Old 02-20-2015, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Marlon177
how do you guys run the camera cable from the trunk to the cabin?
never mind, i got it.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Marlon177
never mind, i got it.
mind sharing some pics?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So this is what I did to get the wire from the back to the front. Routed the camera wire behind all the felt panels in the trunk, then started to work the wire under the rear passenger side seat. Then you will get to the door frame, I pryed up on the plastic part a little to get the wire under that, and then put the wire behind the seat belt. Now to the front passenger seat, its easy to take up the plastic there and just put under until you get to the footwell area.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered and received this yesterday, ordered the radio removal keys as well. I noticed on the white plug that goes into the supplied box has a loose green wire coming from it, does it attach anywhere or is it left loose on purpose?
Old 03-12-2015, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mattchow
Ordered and received this yesterday, ordered the radio removal keys as well. I noticed on the white plug that goes into the supplied box has a loose green wire coming from it, does it attach anywhere or is it left loose on purpose?
When I was just about done installing mine, I thought I pulled/broke a wire or connection when I saw the loose green wire. I then realized that this is the way it was shipped, and just left it loose/unconnected. Everything works fine without it being connected to anything.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

So this will work (although maybe cutting off some text?) on all 2015 A3 models? I have the very entry level 1.8T comfort coming into Toronto in a few weeks which obviously doesn't have this. And a 16 year old about to get their driver's license...

Quick Reply: $170 Reverse/Backup camera kit and install