Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 07-29-2016, 10:25 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

A3/S3 "Easter Eggs" and Omissions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
Default A3/S3 "Easter Eggs" and Omissions

I thought we should start a thread that goes deep with the found pluses and minuses of the A3/S3 versus other Audi models that we had.

As others add their observations I will update the OP.

Pluses:
- Parking Plus / Rearview camera includes front distance sensors. Not available with A4 in USA).
- Newest MMI 4G. (Not available in 2015 A4, A5, A6, A7 in USA).
- Album art is provided on screen for Bluetooth Music Interface (smartphone provides album, artist, track, and album image).
- It is a hoot to drive.
- You get an oil stick.

Minuses:
- No Homelink option. (A4/Q5 have).
- No Memory Seats / Mirrors option. (A4/Q5 have.)
- Convenience Key - You can only open the front doors and truck with the convenience key. (Q5 convenience key works with all doors and hatch.)
- No Valet Key (A4/Q5 has valet key).
- No S3 all weather mats (only A3 logo mats).
- No sunglass compartment in overhead.
- No coin storage (ashtray).
- Missing in action - Audi Phone Box (in manual).
- Missing in action - Super Sport seats.
- No MMI Oil Level display
- Loss of European LED lighting in front and back (missing amber LEDs)
- S Sport seats still missing in action.

Neutral:
- No physical ignition key. Physical key only opens driver door. Wireless FOB only. No place to put FOB in dash. At least key FOB looks different than my Q5 key.

Please submit your findings.

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 01-22-2015 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No power seat in the cabriolet, pretty sad considering it's a $40K-$50k car.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say Neutral would be the Parking System Plus,
They should have included Park Assist, since its addition would have been the button and software upgrade. Why is this Europe exclusive?

Fully loaded economy cars like the 2015 Chrysler 200 have it.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I submitted to Audi:

Please tell us what could be done to improve how you feel about this new vehicle . . . .

I have every option available on my S3. These features should have been included or available: Memory seats, Homelink, and rear doors should work with comfort access(there are imprints for the feature, but the manual states only front doors are active). There are times when I downshift more than one gear as I approach a turn, and when I am on the accelerator, the gear is not engaged, and it engages late. This causes a lurch feeling to the vehicle and feels like I dumped the clutch in a manual transmission. Not often, but enough to force me to change my shifting technique. From a standstill, if I step hard on the gas, there is a slight hesitation. Something I have had to adjust my driving style to match. Windshield wipers on mine, and other vehicles like mine are not smooth upon the first few uses. They skip across the windshield making them almost unusable(this goes away after an application of windshield rain repellent. When I exit my driver's door, I hear a squeak from the driver's side rear suspension. I am only 170lbs, and no one else is inside the vehicle. I would not expect my body weight to cause the suspension to creak like this. You only include Apple 30pin connector with the vehicle. I was not questioned about my mobile device until this survey, and would have preferred an android compatible plug, instead of getting the default "ipod connect" option. The manual lists the center console as a phone box, but nothing inside the car or functional seems to be different, and I don't see any boost in signal from my phone being placed inside.

Overall, what do you LIKE most about your new vehicle?

The engine is amazing. Sound and performance are outstanding. The vehicle is quick, nimble, and a perfect replacement for my BMW 135. Interior is well designed with good materials and finish, similar to the other Audi models available. The MMI and navigation system is easy to use and intuitive. The connectivity to my phone is a nice addition compared to previous vehicles. In vehicle wifi is used daily. Four doors allows me to get my son in and out of my vehicle with ease, and allow passengers to ride in comfort. The vehicle is amazing.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Since my last Audi was a 2002, it's pretty much all pluses for me, but the one really glaring omission in my S3 is memory seats. My wife is seven inches shorter than I am, so switching back and forth is kind of a pain.

Also, the one thing -- the only thing -- I miss about my Mercedes CLA is the "hold" feature: when the car was stationary, you could give the brake pedal a little jab, after which the brakes would stay engaged until you hit the gas again. So you didn't have to hold the brake pedal while sitting at a long traffic light. The S3 does a similar thing with the parking brake, but it's not nearly as convenient.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by skibreeze
No power seat in the cabriolet, pretty sad considering it's a $40K-$50k car.
I'm assuming other than cost saving, manual seats weigh a bit less, because they did include power lumbar support.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not to beat a dead horse but.....

No manual transmission option for those of us that still enjoy shifting on our own. It is available in Europe and Audi has indicated that they are considering it. Let's hope it shows up and before I order my car.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For the price the car is pretty much loaded. Cant get magnetic ride or LED headlights on any car in the S3's price range. With that said, Heated steering wheel would be nice (BMW 235 offers it) and seat memory.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
For the price the car is pretty much loaded. Cant get magnetic ride or LED headlights on any car in the S3's price range. With that said, Heated steering wheel would be nice (BMW 235 offers it) and seat memory.
I agree with you on the heated steering wheel. Each cold morning I get into my A3 and grab a hold of the frozen cold wheel. I cry a bit on the inside.

I know the Lexus IS-250 has heated steering wheel and memory seats too.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

+1 on the heated steering wheel.

I had one on my 2009 Ram Crew Cab and loved it! Five years later and its not an option on my new fancy German luxury car.

I've been chasing this feature since 2009.

Leased a 2011 Ford Explorer and they put the heated steering wheel on the next model year as an option.

Leased a 2013 Ford Fusion and they put the heated steering wheel on the next model year as an option.

So I'm sure with my luck, it will be available on the 2016 A3

Quick Reply: A3/S3 "Easter Eggs" and Omissions