Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone Try the Interior Color Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Try the Interior Color Kit?

I just got my fisrt Audi a few weeks ago, always loved them finally can afford one.
I just stumbled across the Interior Color Kit. I have a Brilliant Black 1.8 Premium with black interior. I love it, something about black cars... But this splash of red from the color kit would set it off nicely. There doesn't seem to be much info on the kit anywhere. It's kinda pricey and if its just a bunch of vinyl strips i could get the same thing for a few dollars from my friends sign shop.

Just wondering if anyone has looked into it or actually bought it and can tell me more about it.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2014, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bryan_gus
I just got my fisrt Audi a few weeks ago, always loved them finally can afford one.
I just stumbled across the Interior Color Kit. I have a Brilliant Black 1.8 Premium with black interior. I love it, something about black cars... But this splash of red from the color kit would set it off nicely. There doesn't seem to be much info on the kit anywhere. It's kinda pricey and if its just a bunch of vinyl strips i could get the same thing for a few dollars from my friends sign shop.

Just wondering if anyone has looked into it or actually bought it and can tell me more about it.

Thanks
Can you provide a link to the kit? Thanks
Old 12-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is a link to the color kit on the Audi USA site
Audi Parts - Audi Genuine Parts & Accessories eStore
Old 12-09-2014, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Terrible pictures on audis website. Cant zoom in or really see anything.

Last edited by drober30; 12-09-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Exactly, and I can't find any better pics or description any where else. That's why I was hoping someone here had actually seen it installed or at least in the parts department.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally think it cheapens the look of the interior - however I'm a minimalist. The red is just too vibrant I think. A muted version would look better for the sparse interior design.

One immediate thought was to get someone to just vinyl the pieces for you, or get the dip from https://www.dipyourcar.com. Mask off your interior and just paint the trim pieces. It peels off when you want it gone.

Somewhat better image is on page 73 of the brochure at: Audi A3 2015
Old 12-10-2014, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mroberte
Personally think it cheapens the look of the interior - however I'm a minimalist. The red is just too vibrant I think. A muted version would look better for the sparse interior design.
I am also a minimalist. My S3 is Mythos black and love the black on black on black. A touch of aluminum inside is just right. Carbon fibre might look good there as well. I would even be OK if the chrome trim on the vents were more muted. I did have friends who have used kits on other cars however and some to good result. But most were in carbon fibre or metal-like colors. Normally nothing too bright. Those kits all had mega adhesive and unforgiving it you didn't get it centered perfectly when applying!

Good luck with your decision and please post some pictures if you pull the trigger.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The more seat time I get the more I enjoy the A3's looks on the inside. I was drawn to the car by the exterior styling and won over by the way it drives. I Do agree the red in the pictures is kind of bright, but you can never be sure the color is the same in real life. When I stop in this weekend for my free hand wash car wash at the dealership (they will regret offering that to me this winter) I'll see if the service or parts guys have anymore info on it.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bryan_gus
When I stop in this weekend for my free hand wash car wash at the dealership (they will regret offering that to me this winter)
Love it, lol. Glad I read to the end of the thread.