Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 07-29-2016, 09:36 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

My A3 Journey/Build (B16 Ride Control Arrived today!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 12:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberte
Got the car back today, they apologized and said "thank you for being so understanding" I said, I'm just happy I'm not going to die from the fumes now.

Apparently, they forget to put a locking ring on the pump seal, and that was causing all the fuel leakage. I've really lost confidence in this dealership's ability to pay attention and their mechanics overall knowledge of the cars they are servicing.

Its unfortunate, because I've had such great service from them, but this is just too much. My brakes are making all kinds of squeaking on low speeds. Rear camera still not working. Will be renting the VCD thing again when I'm back from vacation and hopefully this helps me figure out that issue.
I went to the one in Burlingame, Rector Audi. They do things quite fast and hassle free so far. The only complain I have is the service manager. He tried to push people away and think if it's small problem, just suck it up.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya wish it wasn't a small issue - to me at least. I went in for 15K service and a recall, got the car back with 3 big issues, bad work which caused the fumes, brake noise (They never addressed the warped rotor/shaking issue at all) and the rear camera.

I wanted to give PA the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't trust their work.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Updated 8-12-15

Did some additional cleanup/changes to the car today.

Rear-View Camera.
So my car was updated after it went in for the fuel pump recall. This update basically changed the canbus signal from the ECU, not allowing the android system to get the proper signal.

To fix I had to run a wire to the rear view light to get it working. At first I thought I'd be able to get away with tapping into the center shift **** light, but that didn't work as there is constant 12V power going to the whole board. So a wire was fished to the back and connected to the red and green wires (I think thats it) which is the reverse lights. Change the Android to read the rear lamp instead of the canbus and now I have my backup camera back, which I've seriously missed! This will most likely come in handy for any other 2015 owners that have an aftermarket camera as the ebay chinese camera will most likely run into the same issue.

UPDATE:
A relay is required in order for this rear backup to work. Since the rear lamp wire isn't just a clean 12Volt power supply, there is some data I guess going through it as well and caused the android system to not reliably always turn the camera on after putting into reverse. The relay now solves that problem and works everytime.

Drive Select Light indicator
So I had the drive select button wired up to control my Bilstein Coilovers (basically a second switch to control to keep it stock looking). However I didn't really have an indication if the coilovers were out of sport or in comfort mode. The center console has three buttons next to the drive select that have LED lights. So I found out which wire on the bilstein switch (the yellow) controlled the light and tapped that into the LED light on switch #2. Now when I click on the drive select, the light turns on indicating I'm in sport mode, and turns off when I'm in comfort mode without having to open up my glovebox to double check.

UPDATE:
Since I have the relay hooked up to the rear view camera, will also hook up one of the switches to manually turn on the rear camera (the button with the P).

Gas Smell
The smell still lingers but its faint now. But when I was fishing the rear camera wire, I found out where they spilled the gas and why it took about 2 months to go 90% away. As I lifted up the rear seat cushion to put wires, I immediately smelled gas, so I assumed the gas smell is in the seat cushion.

Whats Next?
I've been slowing down with the mods as summer is keeping me very busy with vacations/family, but still waiting on more Stock A3 dyno's for the Burger Motorsports piggyback and changed my mind on the rim choice... going to go with 20 inch Clover Audi replica design rims, but not until next year to get more use out of these factory (LOUD) continental tires. I keep going back and forth about the catback exhaust too, I'd love it, but I just went on a 600 mile road trip vacation and I think I would get annoyed with the added noise. I would love to flip a switch that allowed a completely stock sound and then switch to "beast" mode, similar to that boat exhaust.

Last edited by mroberte; 08-12-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Installed some LED front turn signal lights few weeks ago as well as out of phase front blinking! LED's were Plug and Play.

Playing with vag-com to clear some codes caused by me, and find some additional MMI menus.

Last edited by mroberte; 08-16-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Subscribed as well, also a San Francisco 2.0T owner. I got my car from Rector in Burlingame and haven't had any issues with them yet. How do you like the coil overs? I just did the backup camera mod.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Calsam! Love them, they completely have made me love this car now. Before I hated the "lazy" comfortable ride of the stock suspension. Now the Bilsteins, even in comfort mode, put a smile on my face. Taking corners are a breeze and you just feel far more confident.

Last edited by mroberte; 03-25-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm local too, San Jose. I got to get the Dynamic steering mod done. Wish I hadn't sold my Vag-Com

I can see Bilstein coilovers as a future mod but still wanting a reliable undetectable reflash.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoFlyZone
I'm local too, San Jose. I got to get the Dynamic steering mod done. Wish I hadn't sold my Vag-Com

I can see Bilstein coilovers as a future mod but still wanting a reliable undetectable reflash.
I rented the vag-com from someone in Palo Alto. You will love the Bilsteins, best money spent by far. <STRIKE>I'm waiting for the JB4 piggyback to come out since the JB1 still isn't much better, arguably, than the Neuspeed piggyback.</STRIKE>

Last edited by mroberte; 03-17-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
I rented the vag-com from someone in Palo Alto. You will love the Bilsteins, best money spent by far. I'm waiting for the JB4 piggyback to come out since the JB1 still isn't much better, arguably, than the Neuspeed piggyback.
I don't know, I'm liking what I've read about the JB1 and soon (maybe) to be released JB4. I agree too that coil-overs should improve the handling and overall nature of this car. How much of a drop did you experience with the coil-overs? Are they adjustable?
Old 08-12-2015, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Purchased the door puddle/warning lights. Put on pin 16 and ground is pin 5. Works like a charm. VCD changes are required..

Lights:
8Pcs Set OEM LED Door Warning Light For A3 A4 A5 A6 Allroad Quattro A7 A8 Q3 Q5 8KD 947 411 3AD 947 409-in Lights & Indicators from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Instructions: Retrofit puddle lights & door warning lights to 8V - help please. | Audi-Sport.net

Quick Reply: My A3 Journey/Build (B16 Ride Control Arrived today!)