Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 08-05-2016, 10:58 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

My OCD answer to "lack of homelink button"

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 05:46 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
If you were in the USAF and submitted a clever suggestion, they would reward your effort.
Most workplaces will find ways to reward truly creative and efficient thinking. USAF is definitely not one of those vanguards of innovation.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is close to what I want to do… buy the switch and put it in the blank next to the drive select button and hook that up to the opener.

Very cool, good work!
Old 12-24-2014, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ I looked into that as well but it turned out to be more complex. Also the center console was easier and shorter route to run wires under.

Thanks for all your comments and feedback.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
What Audi put there originally is sort of laughable.
What is that thing anyway? I currently have two quarters occupying the two slots. Which is ridiculous, because:

1) No toll costs $0.50 anymore

2) There's this thing called EZ-Pass

So, in reality, those 2 quarters are purely decorative, lol.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aj6
Most workplaces will find ways to reward truly creative and efficient thinking. USAF is definitely not one of those vanguards of innovation.
So very true. But I've been in the USAF for over 35 years between active duty and civilian work. It's the only way of life I know apparently. LOL. Clever ideas should be rewarded at all times.

Perhaps if we resort to Fergusion, MO type protests to try to force Audi into retrofitting a garage door opening feature into our cars..............
Old 12-24-2014, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by irenesbob
We're all different I suppose. You can't live with the remote in either 1) the armrest, 2) the door pocket or 3) the cup holder, but then you drape some sloppy looking jewelery around the shift lever. I don't get it, but it is your car I guess.
Wow....slamming St Christopher, the patron saint of transportation. ...you might start worrying about crashing your ride...
Old 01-06-2015, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the cabriolet so I'd rather not leave my garage door opener in the arm rest/cupholder/door panel, and the glove box doesn't auto lock like on my old A4 cabriolet. My solution was to get the Chamberlain MyQ wifi Garage door opener, so I can use my phone to open the garage door. I just installed it last night so I still need to see how well it works. I was also thinking of getting an NFC tag and sticking it somewhere hidden in the car, then I just need to put my phone against the sticker, it unlocks the phone, launches the app and then I am good to go.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytonatruckin
Wow....slamming St Christopher, the patron saint of transportation. ...you might start worrying about crashing your ride...
I didn't realize that is what it was. Will the stuffed teddy bear on my dash do until I get one? lol
As a former RC seminarian I should have known what that was - also someone in Montreal is likely to be RC! At quick glance it looked like a little girl's necklace. Nice solution to the lack of a Homelink button in any event.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quattro_Quattro
What is that thing anyway? I currently have two quarters occupying the two slots. Which is ridiculous, because:

1) No toll costs $0.50 anymore

2) There's this thing called EZ-Pass

So, in reality, those 2 quarters are purely decorative, lol.
I felt silly keeping two quarters there until I saw THIS, where they actually call it a coin holder! My friend's A4 has something similar, but it looks like it can hold a ton of coins, probably a whole 6

I actually use it because when shopping at Aldi I need a quarter to get a cart...
Old 01-07-2015, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by link1305
I actually use it because when shopping at Aldi I need a quarter to get a cart...
Aldi? I thought I was the only Audi owner in the US to shop at Aldi. When I go to my local Aldi the lot is filled with near-junkers and food stamp people being dropped off in taxi's - lol. I have to park far away from the store for fear someone who has little invested in their car will "accidentally" ding my door. I bring my own "old fart" shopping cart, so I don't need quarters. Great place though.

Quick Reply: My OCD answer to "lack of homelink button"