Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

09 Audi A5 A/C and Heat Problem Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Audi A5 A/C and Heat Problem Advice Needed

I was wondering if anyone here had any similar experience and could offer some advice and possible solution to my A5's A/C and heater problem.

It was a pretty hot day so i decided to use A/C, after driving for ~15 minutes, i noticed light steam (or smoke) coming out from under the hood so i immediately pulled over, opened the hood and saw liquid (coolant, oil or freon?) sprayed all over the top front of the radiator and bumper and hear air compressed sound coming from what looked like a pressure senor. The liquid and sound was coming out of parts #5,4,3 as shown on below diagram

Since then, A/C and heat stopped working, the fan is blowing fine but the air always feels the same temp no matter how cool or warm i set it.

Could this be just a matter of replacing pressure sensor (parts #5,4,3) ? Or could this be a more serious problem?

All help is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-17-2015, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can get me the names of those parts, I can probably help.

If the AC stopped working immediately after the incident, I'd bet dollars to donuts that plug/sensor/etc is on your condenser and you blew freon out.

To fix it, you must have the entire system evacuated at a shop or deal, then filled back up. Hopefully it's something simple like the plug failed, versus the system that part fits into.

I'm not familiar with Audi AC systems and recommended procedures for what else to replace when components fail, but if there is any chance that debris entered the lines...they will flush it prior to vacuum and may want to replace other parts of the system. This is where it can get expensive should those other parts (i.e. charcoal canister), be difficult to reach.

Best of luck --- let us know how it goes!