Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2014 RS5 Colors

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I saw it (I'm in Chicago too) it was dark and I was actually test driving an S5 but the color and depth were eye catching. Prism Silver doesn't do it justice for a name so I think it will not get too many buyers and thus will be a unique color. I think someone over on Audizine also posted some pics of the color during the daytime so if you go over there maybe you can search it and see what you think.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleA4
When I saw it (I'm in Chicago too) it was dark and I was actually test driving an S5 but the color and depth were eye catching. Prism Silver doesn't do it justice for a name so I think it will not get too many buyers and thus will be a unique color. I think someone over on Audizine also posted some pics of the color during the daytime so if you go over there maybe you can search it and see what you think.
I think I saw those pictures actually. It's a very unique color which I'm looking forward to it being different since it's already a very unique car, and I think after having black cars for so long it will be a nice change.

I agree the color "Prism Silver Crystal" makes it sound like a girly color, but I really don't think it is. This video really brings it to life and is probably the closest representation of the color I've seen yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rsjwS4CA4
Old 01-23-2014, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Great color. The only other thing I would do is opt for the black-optics package or I think they call it the Titanium Package. I think it comes with the sport exhaust if I remember from my day-dreaming of thinking I would reach for one myself... Probably the last naturally aspirated V8 you will find in an RS model for a while, if ever again.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 2014 Daytona Gray RS5, and I love the color. You mentioned it being dark. Sometimes it looks dark, sometimes light, it is very different depending on the lighting. It actually looks darker in the sun as compared to at dusk.

In fact, my first choice was Sepang, second was Suzuka. But the Daytona was the one my dealer had so I grabbed it. The color has really grown on me in the 3 or 4 months I've owned it.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MichaelB_1969
I have a 2014 Daytona Gray RS5, and I love the color. You mentioned it being dark. Sometimes it looks dark, sometimes light, it is very different depending on the lighting. It actually looks darker in the sun as compared to at dusk.

In fact, my first choice was Sepang, second was Suzuka. But the Daytona was the one my dealer had so I grabbed it. The color has really grown on me in the 3 or 4 months I've owned it.
I love the daytona, just need a change after having a few black cars back to back. Excited to see how the silver looks!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You will love Prism Silver. I got mine a few weeks ago and the color is amazing. I promise, you will not be disappointed.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lundqura
You will love Prism Silver. I got mine a few weeks ago and the color is amazing. I promise, you will not be disappointed.
I'm very excited to get it and am 100% positive I made the right color decision on it! (Not that theres a "wrong color haha).

Now the hard part is waiting until April....
Old 02-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Pic of my week old Daytona Grey RS5

2014 RS5 Colors-m7fywgw.jpg
Old 04-29-2014, 11:12 AM
jgd
Banned

Default Daytona grey pearl with black optics

Originally Posted by DoubleA4
Yep. Great color. The only other thing I would do is opt for the black-optics package or I think they call it the Titanium Package. I think it comes with the sport exhaust if I remember from my day-dreaming of thinking I would reach for one myself... Probably the last naturally aspirated V8 you will find in an RS model for a while, if ever again.
here is my two week old Daytona grey pearl with black optics and sports exhaust.
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2014, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey i own a daytona blue RS5.... And let me tell you it is so beautiful you can actually debate what more beautiful the car or a woman.... I had never seen the Sepang Blue RS5 and took the risk but is so worth it... Nobody has that car in that color so you grab so much attention. I am going to attach a picture and a video of my car... The video doesn't have the best quality.

Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 2014 RS5 Colors