Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2014 RS5 Colors

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 RS5 Colors

Trading in the S4 for an RS5, but having a bit of a color dilemma between Prism Silver, Daytona Grey, and Phantom Black --- any owners care to chime in on pros/cons or any photos you have?

I know it's all just personal but would love to hear other's thoughts and see some photos!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Egan917; 01-21-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Daytona is awesome. So much depth and gloss.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Love my daytona A6, but did you consider Suzuka gray for RS5?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, Sepang Blue.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys for the replies -- for those with Daytona, I've seen some photos where it throws green in sunlight, is that true or is it just a bad photo? I'm leaning towards the Daytona at this point (Actually that's what the order is in as currently and have a few more days to change if I decide to).

I have seen Suzuka, actually test drove one, and did like it but it was a little too white for my taste. That's what pushed me towards the Daytona or the Prism Silver as they are both darker.

And for the Sepang fans -- I love the Sepang blue, but have never seen it in person, and thought it was going to be a little too much of a gamble for me without seeing it. I wish I could see one in person!

I think the problem with this car is that it just looks great in every color, which makes picking a color nearly impossible!!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen the Prism Silver and thought that it was a lot better looking in person than any pic could do. It has a lot of depth and changes shades with the angle of the light. Definitely has several hues to it that change with the lighting. I would seriously consider it. If it were me, I would be looking a the Sepang Blue and the Prism Silver. Both are beautiful. To me, the Daytona is just too grey and gets lost with all the other grey cars out there. Doesn't stand out as much to me. In any case I would also be looking for the black-out trim as I think it adds some nice juxtaposition between the body color and the trim pieces and grill.

All in all, its a great problem to have! Enjoy.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Personally, I feel Daytona is a great color, however it used to be RS exclusive, and is now available on Q7, and as an option on Prestige packaged models.

I think the Prism Silver is the best choice- not only is is exclusive to the RS5 and S8, it is one of only 3 of Audi's new crystal effect colors. You will have a more unique color, and will be better for resale. Would look great with contrasting black interior.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys spent some time at the dealer today and am really leaning towards making the switch to Prism Silver. It looks like a very unique color. There's one in Detroit (I'm in Chicago) and if I get REALLY adventurous might make the journey over there to see it first hand, otherwise might roll the dice and just go for it!

Prism is actually exclusive I believe only to the RS5 and RS7 at least for 2014.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Egan917
Thanks guys for the replies -- for those with Daytona, I've seen some photos where it throws green in sunlight, is that true or is it just a bad photo? I'm leaning towards the Daytona at this point (Actually that's what the order is in as currently and have a few more days to change if I decide to).
I've had my Daytona since Aug. and if there's any green in it, it's very, very subtle (i.e. I haven't seen it). While I can't speak to the Prism Silver that your leaning towards, my wife has a silver car and when I see our 2 cars next to each other, the Daytona definitely has more character and depth.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I made the switch to prism silver today after seeing the color swatch at the dealer. It definitely is an interesting and unique color that I don't think a photo does justice. The Daytona gray was a close second but I saw a Daytona tt in the showroom and it's a bit darker than I want after having 4 black cars in a row. Anyone know what color the prism silver throws in the sunlight?

Quick Reply: 2014 RS5 Colors