Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS wheel speed sensor..

Anyone selling a ABS sensor with part number : 4Z7927803A

Audi allroad 2,7 2001
Old 06-06-2016, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

ABS sensors are one of those things I would not buy used.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MrKid
ABS sensors are one of those things I would not buy used.
Okey, but the thing is, i am not sure if it is the problem, and buying a new sensor for allroad is expenisive, but thanks, i never thought that used sensor would be problem
Old 06-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kendall Larsen
If you reach the dallas city then there is provide audi service dallas which gives complete repair solution of your audi car.
I am in europe, but do they have a website?
Old 06-06-2016, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ignore the post above, he wants to charge you to diagnose the problem.

Do you have VAG COM? If not, you should. Well worth the money it will save you in diagnostic fees.

Start by removing the sensor and cleaning it. They tend to get pretty nasty over the years. Make sure the mating surface is smooth, or the sensor can be pushed away from the ring just enough to through a code.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ignore the post above, he wants to charge you to diagnose the problem.

Do you have VAG COM? If not, you should. Well worth the money it will save you in diagnostic fees.

Start by removing the sensor and cleaning it. They tend to get pretty nasty over the years. Make sure the mating surface is smooth, or the sensor can be pushed away from the ring just enough to through a code.
When i looked at the wires on the sensor, they were cut, so i orderd the same one that was on the car, i installed, still same problem, so i took it to VW shop, they directly noticed that it was the wrong sensor, so i said, it is exaclty the same model that was in the car, so we found out that the previous owner had bought the cheaper and sensor for the A6.

I have vcds and my problem started when i clicked on testing ESP something, and after that i havent been able to exit the test, so that is why i dont want to buy a new sensor, because i am not sure if it is the sensor. The old sensor did not give me any codes, as soon as i got in the test mode, it could not exit, it was then i found out that the cable was cut, changed and still same problem.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting...

You may want to contact Ross Tech. I have never had a problem with a test getting "stuck". I could always back out, despite a failure. I did it yesterday, as a matter of fact, after trying to set readiness and had a lambda failure.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting...

You may want to contact Ross Tech. I have never had a problem with a test getting "stuck". I could always back out, despite a failure. I did it yesterday, as a matter of fact, after trying to set readiness and had a lambda failure.
My problem is 01486 - System Function Test Activated

This is were it get stuck, it is i think because of wrong or faulty ABS sensor.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you get stuck in any form on Ross tech, you have a problem with what you are trying to tests. Happens to me all the time on various items, such a pin issues with a AEB style throttle body. Then I change the connector and it runs the tests
Old 06-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by transman
If you get stuck in any form on Ross tech, you have a problem with what you are trying to tests. Happens to me all the time on various items, such a pin issues with a AEB style throttle body. Then I change the connector and it runs the tests
Yes but i may be the ABS ring on the wheel bearing, that is why i want to buy a used one

Quick Reply: ABS wheel speed sensor..