Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Aftermarket Double Din Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Double Din Help

Alright, so I recently installed a JvC-kwv20bt with enfigs cage, PNP adapter, antenna adapter, and smart wiring harness. (Emailed enfig before my purchase and they gave me all the parts I needed to buy) Everything plugged in flawlessly, got it flush with my dash, etc. Only problem is there's no sound. At all. I've tried multiple inputs including radio, Bluetooth, aux cord, etc. to no avail.

However, the unit is working fine. The screen comes on, I can do everything advertised, except play any sound.

I've tried starting from scratch, and still nothing.

Is there something on my cars end that is affecting this?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-23-2015, 12:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Connection issue

Originally Posted by SavouryLobster
Alright, so I recently installed a JvC-kwv20bt with enfigs cage, PNP adapter, antenna adapter, and smart wiring harness. (Emailed enfig before my purchase and they gave me all the parts I needed to buy) Everything plugged in flawlessly, got it flush with my dash, etc. Only problem is there's no sound. At all. I've tried multiple inputs including radio, Bluetooth, aux cord, etc. to no avail.

However, the unit is working fine. The screen comes on, I can do everything advertised, except play any sound.

I've tried starting from scratch, and still nothing.

Is there something on my cars end that is affecting this?

Thanks in advance
Did you ever solve this? Bump into this thread while looking for another. The Allroad factory radio contain no amplifier. It send low level signal to the Bose amp in the rear and that power the speakers. Make sure the connection is correct and the JVC unit is turning on the Bose amp.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P4Ring
Did you ever solve this? Bump into this thread while looking for another. The Allroad factory radio contain no amplifier. It send low level signal to the Bose amp in the rear and that power the speakers. Make sure the connection is correct and the JVC unit is turning on the Bose amp.
Yes I did. Don't know how to delete them.

There were two blue wires I hadn't connected that looked like they were for the antenna, but actually send a signal to the BOSE amp to turn on. Got it working and it's been great. I never really thought I'd need bluetooth, but now I don't know if I could go without it.