Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Buying a 2003-2005 allroad quattro: Do I get 2.7T or 4.2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That doesn't have anything to do with the EDL though. Just the dumb nature of the air suspension. Then you just need to get it back to Level 4 and put it in Jack Mode until you get out. You're not going to be moving very fast (unless you spin the wheels) so it should stay there.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thejulex
Allroad is not great in snow... no C5 is. C4s are great in snow thanks to EDL system which C5 doesn't have...
5,000lbs. and all wheel drive. It's meant for the snow! I live in the Mtns of CO. And my Allroad/C5 is amazing in the snow. But it always depends on what tires you're running. Summer tires w a hard rubber compound, and you'll have no traction. Blizzak's or the like, Move Over!
Old 12-27-2014, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So to conclude this thread (in spite of the several mini-hijacks) ...

Two weeks ago tomorrow (on a Sunday) I headed out to buy my allroad. Took a plane from DC into JFK, got on the LIRR and headed out onto Long Island. Sales guy picked me up & took me back to the dealership. Overall cost about $200 to get there.

Got all the paperwork finished then the finance guy says, "I can't contact your bank to verify this cashier's check. You can stay here overnight until we can get in touch with your bank tomorrow, or you can take our financing here today."

WTF?! Seriously?!

I said (paraphrasing), "No thank you. I'm leaving. Take me to the closest airport." Three hours ($250, and a 24oz Guinness) later, I caught the plane back home.

In less than a week, I bought a VERY nice 2006 A6 Avant Quattro off ebay from an awesome guy in Philly. Had a few more miles on it (okay, a boatload), but it's in almost-new shape. Took the train to Philly & drove it home.

Sounds like a ruse to me - something just short of (or maybe not) fraud. Not afraid to put the dealer's name up here either: Atlantic Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in West Islip, NY.

And here we are, two weeks later, and funny thing: the car is still there for sale.

So .... catch y'all over on the A6 forum. Happy New Year!!
Old 05-06-2017, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dhbpac
In less than a week, I bought a VERY nice 2006 A6 Avant Quattro off ebay from an awesome guy in Philly. Had a few more miles on it (okay, a boatload), but it's in almost-new shape. Took the train to Philly & drove it home.
Update: Loved that A6, and thought I did my research. But it turns out that timing chain issue y'all talk about on the 4.2? Well, let's just say that I'm back in the market for an Allroad, and it ain't gonna be a 4.2.

The "warranty" company (Penn Warranty) was the worst company my shop ever dealt with, and I decided that it wasn't worth *maybe* getting $2K out of them on a $7K job, so I pulled the engine myself. Now I've run out of time to repair & we're moving, so it's going out on a tow truck. Maybe I can get some cash to stash for when it's time to replace the turbos and timing belt.

I think I'd rather dink with timing belt maintenance than have another catastrophic failure from a poorly designed timing chain system.