Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
It's available in the current beta for Android, but we're getting reports that it doesn't work. Maybe it needs a restart of the MMI or the dash. You're welcome to try it by signing up here: Beta-Testing | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization
Thanks. I signed up for the beta. Is there any risk I'll break something on the car while attempting to get this oil temp displayed?
Old 04-01-2015, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

While you're disabling chimes...Can you disable the "Ohmigod! The door is open and they keys are still in the car!" chime?

Sometimes I want to do something radically dangerous, like leave the engine running which I walk around top up tire pressure, and I just HATE HATE HATE that useless noise.

And, if you really have god-like powers, could you make it possible to LOCK THE CAR DOORS while leaving the engine running?

Yes, sometimes I want to lock the car, in park, with the AC or heat ON, and the engine running, while I walk away for a minute. Somehow, I've done this dozens of times over the years, and the world has never ended. Or, maybe it did end and I just didn't get the memo.

Love the car, can't stand the nanny state.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
It's available in the current beta for Android, but we're getting reports that it doesn't work. Maybe it needs a restart of the MMI or the dash.
OK, so where in Carista is this setting to enable lap timer / oil temp? I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the beta version unless it's called something else?
Old 04-03-2015, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
OK, so where in Carista is this setting to enable lap timer / oil temp? I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the beta version unless it's called something else?
I've seen it in my friends S4 when we hooked it up, but not on my '14 Q5 PP.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Q5 TDI

Originally Posted by andrios
Told ya!
I am having a similar issue. I have checked off all yes options under windows. However although my windows/ roof will close upon locking they wont open upon opening with long hold. Any thoughts?? Thanks Ron
Old 04-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I signed up for the beta. Is there any risk I'll break something on the car while attempting to get this oil temp displayed?
I don't think there's a risk of screwing something up. Plus, you can always change the setting back to its original value if you don't like the result (this goes for all Carista settings).

Oops, my mistake - the current beta doesn't have it for the Q5, it only has it for the A4 and A5. But the next beta (which will hopefully be available within a few days) will have it for the Q5 as well. Sorry about the confusion - I thought we already had it for the Q5 as well. Same thing goes for the seat belt chime.

Originally Posted by jbbarrette
I've seen it in my friends S4 when we hooked it up, but not on my '14 Q5 PP.
Yes, exactly. Coming right up for the Q5 as well.

Originally Posted by Redd
While you're disabling chimes...Can you disable the "Ohmigod! The door is open and they keys are still in the car!" chime?

Sometimes I want to do something radically dangerous, like leave the engine running which I walk around top up tire pressure, and I just HATE HATE HATE that useless noise.

And, if you really have god-like powers, could you make it possible to LOCK THE CAR DOORS while leaving the engine running?

Yes, sometimes I want to lock the car, in park, with the AC or heat ON, and the engine running, while I walk away for a minute. Somehow, I've done this dozens of times over the years, and the world has never ended. Or, maybe it did end and I just didn't get the memo.

Love the car, can't stand the nanny state.
I hear you We've gotten lots of requests about the key-in-ignition chime. We'll look into whether the car supports disabling that. We're not gods, but we should be able to configure anything that the manufacturer made configurable
Locking the doors: I doubt it. Again, if it's not configurable, then we can't change it.

Originally Posted by lawnmore
I am having a similar issue. I have checked off all yes options under windows. However although my windows/ roof will close upon locking they wont open upon opening with long hold. Any thoughts?? Thanks Ron
Hi Ron, you're the one who emailed us, right? From our email conversation, it sounds like you figured it out. For everyone else's reference, after enabling all 4 settings in Carista that pertain to opening/closing windows via remote (including "Enable settings for opening/closing windows and sunroof"), you will then get a new menu in your MMI under Car -> Vehicle Settings -> Central locking. You need to enable opening the windows via the remote from there as well.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just brought the pro version and using the beta on my 2015 Q5 TDI, I cant seem to get the open and close window/sunroof working? It only open and close the drivers window, nothing else. any help here? thanks.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by terianx
I just brought the pro version and using the beta on my 2015 Q5 TDI, I cant seem to get the open and close window/sunroof working? It only open and close the drivers window, nothing else. any help here? thanks.
Yes, set the following setting to NO:
"Open/close only driver's window via remote or key"
Old 04-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How should we request different options? Is it possible to have the 3 turn signal blink changed to 5?
Old 04-05-2015, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I already know the answer…but can the Carista make the horn work without the ignition being 'on'? (No is my guess..same answer for VAG-COM)

Quick Reply: Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!