Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
Which OS do you have? On Android, you just go the the PlayStore --> My Apps, and if an update is available, Carista will be listed under the "Updates" section. Then just click on it and it'll download the new version and update itself.
Help Im not seeing an "UPDATES" section. Can you explain where to look?
Old 06-12-2015, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're not seeing any updates, then it means that all your apps are already up to date. Here is what the updates section looks like on Android:

Old 06-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jdip
Anyone not getting certain selections not showing up in v2.3. I noticed for my 2013 3.0 I am not having the seatbelt chime options, gauge/needle options available.

I also noted by default all the selections for lowering my windows via remote are selected "yes" just as my "footwell lights while driving" however neither option works ? I never selected those to be "yes". ...
I enabled hidden menu in the app and all that stuff i said was missing appeared. My bad.
I've followed instructions closely but still have no luck with windows rolling down when long press. It's working in the mmi menu and is set correctly. Press to unlock and press and hold second time. No dice.

Same with the instructions for interior foot well lighting. Changed it in the app. Activated hidden menu. Activated the 3 steps changed in (cardevicelist, carmenu, AND carbusassignment) and reset mmi. but the menu for interior lights on mmi is still greyed out.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I enabled hidden menu in the app and all that stuff i said was missing appeared. My bad.
I've followed instructions closely but still have no luck with windows rolling down when long press. It's working in the mmi menu and is set correctly. Press to unlock and press and hold second time. No dice.

Same with the instructions for interior foot well lighting. Changed it in the app. Activated hidden menu. Activated the 3 steps changed in (cardevicelist, carmenu, AND carbusassignment) and reset mmi. but the menu for interior lights on mmi is still greyed out.
They work for me, both. When you go to car setting, locking central, do you see new item there where long press can be set to front doors, back doors, or sunroof? For long press, you have to press and hold a bit long. I didn't hold it long the first time and thought it not working.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I spoke to the dev via email. Got it all sorted out by using the next beta release. Not sure why I wasn't able to get either working with v2.3 but used the beta and now downgraded back to 2.3. All is working fine now.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you get the info on the three steps needed for the footwell lighting? I just enabled hidden menu, but wasn't able to figure out what changes I needed to make. Is there somewhere that lists the changes we need to make?

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2015, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have also now gotten the Interior Lighting menu to show up in MMI but it's greyed out. Is it really an issue with Carista? It doesn't seem like it...

Suggestions?
Old 06-17-2015, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
Where did you get the info on the three steps needed for the footwell lighting? I just enabled hidden menu, but wasn't able to figure out what changes I needed to make. Is there somewhere that lists the changes we need to make?

Thanks!
Here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post24634549
Old 06-17-2015, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh, so this still requires VAG-COM? I don't have one, but was hoping to do it with Carista. Is that not possible?
Old 06-17-2015, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
Oh, so this still requires VAG-COM? I don't have one, but was hoping to do it with Carista. Is that not possible?
I do not know
Ask "Carista" , maybe they give you the answer, although I doubt that it is possible

Quick Reply: Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!