Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Just ordered 2016 SQ5 - have questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Critter1
Plat.. Thanks for the detailed answer! Pretty much exactly the info/advice I was looking for.
You're welcome
Old 02-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also highly recommend the tech package - It's a chuck of change, but well worth it for all the reasons already mentioned.

I didn't have the tech package on my '13 S4 - used Tune2Air for bluetooth audio through my iphone...It worked well enough IMO. I'm sure it would work fine with the SQ.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We can all rest easy... I've changed my order and added the tech package! Also added the "Supercharged" fender badges.

Besides the large options they allow you to choose from on the Audi website, what are some other things to be mindful of? Any suggestions? ...before my order gets further along.

In another thread I read where someone ordered at front license plate delete. Can someone here enlighten me on this? I get it.. I realize what it is, but will mine come with a section in the grill for a plate, so whether I put a front plate on or not, it'll have a blank rectangle?
Old 02-02-2016, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We can all rest easy... I've changed my order and added the tech package! Also added the "Supercharged" fender badges.

Besides the large options they allow you to choose from on the Audi website, what are some other things to be mindful of? Any suggestions? ...before my order gets further along.

In another thread I read where someone ordered at front license plate delete. Can someone here enlighten me on this? I get it.. I realize what it is, but will mine come with a section in the grill for a plate, so whether I put a front plate on or not, it'll have a blank rectangle?
I ordered a young hot blonde to come with mine but my wife deleted it....
Old 02-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pretty sure mine comes with the middle aged dirty blonde option, no charge.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Was told my SQ5 will be here in May! I'm very excited and can't stand the suspense! In the mean time, I've been reading and reading about these amazing cars.

Been studying up on all of the changes that can be made with VAG-COM / VCDS. Are most people buying the cord/software and doing the mods themselves? Is there anyone in NorCal Sac/Bay Area that's willing to rent theirs out & help a newb with his SQ5 in May-June? I guess it's a great investment, but it's also a good opportunity for someone to rent out theirs and make a few bucks back. Thoughts?
Old 02-26-2016, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure mine comes with the middle aged dirty blonde option, no charge.
Dirty is good....lol...

and believe me...there is a charge...
Old 03-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My SQ5 is set to leave Germany and head to sunny California. Whats the average time it takes to reach the port in San Diego?
Old 03-14-2016, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Based on my knowledge, it will probably take less than two weeks. Most ro-ro vessels leaving Emden will drop off cars in Halifax, NS, Maine, Texas, and Veracruz (Mexico). Then, go through the Panama Canal before dropping off the last load in San Diego.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I know OP has already made his decision, but just wanted to chime in here for anyone that comes across this later. I recently sold my '13 Q5 3.0T (without tech package) and only took a $1,000 hit on resale. The package up front was like $3,000 so while it technically decreases resale to not have it, I actually came out $2,000 ahead overall.

With that said, it is very nice to have everything integrated in one place. We bought my SQ5 off the lot, so I was stuck with nav. I don't use it, but I do use all the additional functionality people mentioned above. It's more convenience than anything else. We used a Tune2Air device for our Bluetooth audio that worked exactly the same as the one in the MMI. Really not a big deal.

Quick Reply: Just ordered 2016 SQ5 - have questions