Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 262059
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 20
Default Software Upgrade for Steering

Today I had my 8000K service done in Canada on my 2013 Q5 Prem Plus 2.0....

Issue #1: They said there was a software update to take care of a steering recall.

I have to say, the car drives literally 100% different and I'm not sure I like it. It's SUPER loose. I felt driving down the highway I had to be so on the ball as the car wheel would simply move back and forth with no tension.

Doesn't feel like a great upgrade or fix. Is there somewhere I can read about what was done and why?

Issue #2: Would they have fooled with my wipers at all? On the way home a truck sprayed some slushy snowy mud on me. When the wipers kicked in, there was a giant spot directly in my field of vision that the wipers just wouldnt wipe. It's like they were adjusted or something.

I had to pull over to wipe the mud off. Obviously not ideal.

Any ideas?
canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #2
AudiWorld Expert
Account #: 102
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 31,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianeh View Post
Today I had my 8000K service done in Canada on my 2013 Q5 Prem Plus 2.0....

Issue #1: They said there was a software update to take care of a steering recall.

I have to say, the car drives literally 100% different and I'm not sure I like it. It's SUPER loose. I felt driving down the highway I had to be so on the ball as the car wheel would simply move back and forth with no tension.

Doesn't feel like a great upgrade or fix. Is there somewhere I can read about what was done and why?

Issue #2: Would they have fooled with my wipers at all? On the way home a truck sprayed some slushy snowy mud on me. When the wipers kicked in, there was a giant spot directly in my field of vision that the wipers just wouldnt wipe. It's like they were adjusted or something.

I had to pull over to wipe the mud off. Obviously not ideal.

Any ideas?
Did you try using the windshield wash to remove the mud. Could have just been so oily that the blades could not remove it.
__________________
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 168544
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gainesville,TX Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 838
Default

Washer fluid sprayers on Audi's suck!!! My 2010 S5 and now my 2014 SQ5 have the worst sprayers on the market. I don't know why Audi thinks the sprayers need to work at 5 million psi and shoot 3 streams. And nice mist would work.
JBDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 226959
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDinTX View Post
Washer fluid sprayers on Audi's suck!!! My 2010 S5 and now my 2014 SQ5 have the worst sprayers on the market. I don't know why Audi thinks the sprayers need to work at 5 million psi and shoot 3 streams. And nice mist would work.
LOL and as soon as the nozzle is mis-aligned, it shoots fluid like a water gun straight over your roof onto the person driving behind you.
__________________
Hers: 2012 Audi Q5 2.0T Ibis White/Cinnamon
Mine: 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 184703
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 2,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDinTX View Post
And nice mist would work.

Yes it is nice but ....
Try this system at -15C = 5F degrees at a speed of 70-80 km/h
__________________
Q5 2.0 TFSI,S-tronic,
Milano leather, B&O, 19" 5-arm polished

Excuse me for my English
spijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 181735
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 220
Default

Disable the DSR and the steering will feel much tighter.
tomaszp72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 247171
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
LOL and as soon as the nozzle is mis-aligned, it shoots fluid like a water gun straight over your roof onto the person driving behind you.
Just last week I stopped into the dealership to get the passenger side nozzles adjusted. One jet was spraying a stream in the air off to the right of the car.

It was a busy morning (bitter cold with some snow) but they got a tech to look at it, make the adjustment and I was out in 5-10 minutes. A small gesture, but appreciated.
__________________
2013 Q5 2.0t, Cuvee Silver/Black, Pano, 19", MMI/Nav, B&O, Advanced Key, 3M Crystalline.
2014 BMW 3281 X Drive, White Metallic/Tan, Nav, 3M Crystalline etc.
Q5 Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #8
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 168544
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gainesville,TX Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q5 Bob View Post
Just last week I stopped into the dealership to get the passenger side nozzles adjusted. One jet was spraying a stream in the air off to the right of the car.

It was a busy morning (bitter cold with some snow) but they got a tech to look at it, make the adjustment and I was out in 5-10 minutes. A small gesture, but appreciated.
I will have then look at mine at my 5k service.
JBDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 173495
 
JGA5Cab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH Eastside
Posts: 762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDinTX View Post
I will have then look at mine at my 5k service.

I notice that the upper right part of my windshield doesn't get much fluid. It's usually still salt covered after cleaning attempts. Are you guys saying that this can be adjusted? That would be nice.

I think my steering felt much better after the update. I felt the notchiness and was frequently correcting trying to go straight.
__________________
Jim G from Cleveland, OH

2014 A5 Cabriolet 2.0T Quattro, Tiptronic, Prestige, Comfort Package, Ash inlays, PIO rear decklid spoiler, S5 mirrors. Brilliant Red - Black interior.

2013 Q5 3.0T Quattro S-line, Premium Plus, 19" wheels, B&O, Navigation, Dark Walnut inlay. Monsoon Gray - black interior, Curt Hitch

(traded) 2012 A5 Cabriolet 2.0T Quattro, Tiptronic, Prestige, Comfort Package, Dark Walnut inlay, Stainless exhaust tips and S5 mirrors. Brilliant Red - Black interior

(traded) 2010 A5 Cabriolet 2.0T Quattro, Tiptronic, Prestige, Comfort Package, Stainless exhaust tips, and S5 mirrors. Brilliant Red - Black interior

JGA5Cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #10
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 184703
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 2,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGA5Cab View Post
I notice that the upper right part of my windshield doesn't get much fluid. It's usually still salt covered after cleaning attempts. Are you guys saying that this can be adjusted? That would be nice.

I think my steering felt much better after the update. I felt the notchiness and was frequently correcting trying to go straight.
Adjusting jets

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Q5 2.0 TFSI,S-tronic,
Milano leather, B&O, 19" 5-arm polished

Excuse me for my English
spijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community