Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 12:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Rear Washer Fluid Reservoir ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Washer Fluid Reservoir ??

Hi Fellow Q5'ers,

I can't seem to locate where the rear washer fluid reservoir is located. Any thoughts?

Reference info: The front one works fine (if they use the same tank); I've searched the owners manual, and it only discusses the front window tank.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can assist. It's a pain w// all the snow / salt spray w/out the rear washer working.

Cheers,
Tim
Old 12-29-2010, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Shame on me that I haven't even popped the hood on my Q5 to see what's under there!

Nelson
Old 12-29-2010, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its the same reservoir.
Ther front jets are heated not the rear so if you are using washer fluid without antifreeze they can block in very cold conditions. Worse the delivery pipe has a connector under the passenger floor, dont keep pumping if its frozen or blocked... pop.

If it is a blocked jet you can reach it by spreading the wiper cover sides gently apart (tryone side at a time) and pop it off. The double jet head is just pressed in like a ball and socket/cup. It doesnt look like it would stand up to too many strip downs.
If you strip it down make sure you give a good squirt out to clear the line while its open.

Of courese all this assumes its the same/similar as Q7
Name:  DSC_8820.jpg
Views: 14259
Size:  89.5 KB

Last edited by Jusforfun; 12-29-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by twmcminn
Hi Fellow Q5'ers,

I can't seem to locate where the rear washer fluid reservoir is located. Any thoughts?

Reference info: The front one works fine (if they use the same tank); I've searched the owners manual, and it only discusses the front window tank.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can assist. It's a pain w// all the snow / salt spray w/out the rear washer working.

Cheers,
Tim
I don't think there is a rear tank. It should work off of the front tank.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Thanks

Thanks to all who provided prompt advice. I'll check it out in the a.m. on my way to work. Luckily enough, I have a heated garage, so if it was frozen earlier, tommorrow morning's attempts should be productive. - Standy for another update.

Best, Tim
Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Fellow Q5'ers,

Cheers,
Tim
Ditto on the q
Old 01-05-2011, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks to all who provided prompt advice. I'll check it out in the a.m. on my way to work. Luckily enough, I have a heated garage, so if it was frozen earlier, tommorrow morning's attempts should be productive. - Standy for another update.

Best, Tim
Any updates???

If it was frozen you should get some washer fluid good for -25°F and then run it through the washers till it comes out the rear.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had this issue where it was almost completely clogged. Thanks to the pics, I carefully pulled off the plastic cover, sprayed both sides of the nozzle piece with compressed air, reassembled, and it's as good as new. Took 5 min and no tools.

Thanks for saving me a trip to the dealer.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to open an old thread, but does anyone know the size of the washer fluid tank (I don't have my manual handy).

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank You so much for this tip!!! It just saved me a trip to the dealer.

My nozzle was really clogged, I actually had to let it soak in WD40 over night. After that I put it back on and all was good in the universe again.

Quick Reply: Rear Washer Fluid Reservoir ??