Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Q5/ SQ5 US Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

My dealer's factory rep sent TWO emails to the dealer today -- the first one said, Driver Assistance was a "YES." The second email said, "YES, but with delayed availability -- possible, although not likely, to be delayed to MY '19."

I asked about Magma Red for the SQ5 -- this was met with the MY '19 answer.

Things are in flux.

Things will change.

Relax -- you and I are probably 100% unable to impact the time-line. Go with the flow.

Easy to say.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If 'pretty and comfortable' are much more important than "power, handling and other things' to your wife then I wouldn't bother paying the extra for the SQ5 over a standard Q. Get her a 2.0T with some S line stuff and she'll be happy.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:37 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the order guide SYMAWD!

Not sure if others have noticed, but it appears there are a few colors exclusive to Q5 or SQ5 for the 2018MY:

SQ5 Only:
Daytona Gray

Q5 Only:
Manhattan Gray
Utopia Blue

-tgt

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Here it is. Keep in mind there is no pricing yet and options are subject to change.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That new Azores Green color looks nice. A sight-for-sore-eyes over the usual color offerings. I wonder how it compares to Gotland Green? By the looks of it, Azores Green seems to be of a lighter shade.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Ventilated seats...but only if you order black. I think I would rather walk than drive a car with all black interior. It just frustrates me beyond believe that somehow auto executives decided that black was a sporty color, and apparently the only one..... Talk about dull, boring and depressing to sit in a cave. I had to wait 4 months to order my TT just to get the interior color I want. "Black sells better" they say...but that's only because everyone only orders black and that's all there is to buy on the lot! When my TT showed up the dealer was like "this is gorgeous"! And I'm all, "then why in the world do you just order black for everything if you know there are other outstanding options!"!?!? If you had other colors to choose from people would gladly buy those! I bet my dealer's entire inventory is comprised of 90% black interiors.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tgt
Thanks for the order guide SYMAWD!

Not sure if others have noticed, but it appears there are a few colors exclusive to Q5 or SQ5 for the 2018MY:

SQ5 Only:
Daytona Gray

Q5 Only:
Manhattan Gray
Utopia Blue

-tgt
One other color is in question! The Audi press release has Tofana White listed but the prelim spec's don't show that color for either the 2018 Q or SQ.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

I am sure that you will see additional options and packages and colors added later...

If you read the press releases from Audi of America, it said at the end that not all features may be available at launch. Considering it is a brand new factory it makes sense that some items get added after the initial ramp up phase of production.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be very disappointed if driver assistance is not available since features like that are one of the reasons I'm waiting for this vehicle and I can't wait much longer for a new ride.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

"Unchangable" configurations will be in-transit to our Cincinnati dealer at EOM March (one of two, don't know about the other one), The Audi Connection. Dealer assumes this will be similar to the A4 and Q7 arrivals in advance of general availability last year. The meaning of this is that perhaps two or three examples of the new vehicles will be at the dealer, they will, however, not be able to be sold (at first anyway), just driven.

The on-line ordering site does NOT (as of 1/14/2017) allow the new Q or SQ to be ordered. The apparent lack of the driver assistance pkg, now seems to be a "delayed availability" situation. At least at the dealer level, the length of the delay is unknown.

Our dealer took a "first in" order (on paper) from us on Saturday,

Matador Red
Rotor Gray (Magma no longer available, so we reversed the interior and exterior colors, sort of)
Prestige model
Summer Tires
Fine Napa Leather
Cold Weather Package
Audi beam rings

The dealer postulated that delivery time from actual entry into the order system might be a "couple of weeks" shorter -- instead of 12, 10, that is.

Our HOPE is that the thing will be here by May.

Earlier would be nice -- but it seems unlikely.

If any new -- and verifiable -- information is made available, I'll keep you posted.

Drive it like you live.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by BeatYaBad
I'll be very disappointed if driver assistance is not available since features like that are one of the reasons I'm waiting for this vehicle and I can't wait much longer for a new ride.
There might be a delayed introduction of the package due to supplier issues, finally software verification, etc...but you can be assured it will be available. No luxury manufacturer is going to stop offering these factors....instead they are increasingly making them standard

Quick Reply: 2018 Q5/ SQ5 US Order Guide