Old 01-11-2017, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts
Default 2018 Q5/ SQ5 US Order Guide With Pricing

Newest order guide posted.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
18 Q5 OG.pdf (1.03 MB, 2868 views)

Last edited by SYMAWD; 05-05-2017 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Assistance Package

SYMAWD

Is the driver assistance package not available? Called something else? Or am I not seeing it?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2017, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Enroli
SYMAWD

Is the driver assistance package not available? Called something else? Or am I not seeing it?

Thanks
I'm sure it will be available. This is just the 1st order guide and changes are typically made.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
I'm sure it will be available. This is just the 1st order guide and changes are typically made.
Thanks, will stay tuned.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Here it is. Keep in mind there is no pricing yet and options are subject to change.
Thanks a lot this answers a lot of questions.
SYMAWD or any other opinions......
I am buying an Q5 for my wife but I will drive it as much or more. Can you tell me about anything on the SQ 5 that would bother a woman? My main concern would be the seat comfort and side bolsters. She might not care for the stainless brake and gas pedal. I want to order early but don't I want any surprises and the S model looks trick!
Old 01-12-2017, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

My wife has a 2014 SQ5, Prestige with Magma Red Fine Napa Leather. Her intention was to order an new 2018 SQ5 in Mythos Black with the Magma Red Fine Napa Leather (as is available on the S4).

The entry price for "special colors" is +$2,500 on top of the cost of the option.

OK, so she says, let's get the "Chestnut Brown" interior -- also not available.

The Macan offers Red, as does the S4 and S5 offerings. She would prefer an SQ5, but is, damn near shocked at the lack of red leather.

Of course our dealer says the SQ5s with the red interiors are the ones that sell the fastest.

If that is accurate, why would the colors be limited to black (the worst of all possible colors for dirt and that "cramped" feeling) and gray?

What were they thinking?

OK, is this simply a way to raise revenue? If red is popular and you can "force" the customers to go the Audi Exclusive route," I guess you could add $2,500 a pop. The thing is my wife, despite the fact that she will spring for a Prestige vehicle perceives the omission of Magma Red Leather as a way to stick it to the customer -- something that pisses her off.

I understand her frustration and disappointment.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

On the subject of the Driver Assistance package -- I believe it will be offered, can't imagine it would NOT be.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Ron.S
Thanks a lot this answers a lot of questions.
SYMAWD or any other opinions......
I am buying an Q5 for my wife but I will drive it as much or more. Can you tell me about anything on the SQ 5 that would bother a woman? My main concern would be the seat comfort and side bolsters. She might not care for the stainless brake and gas pedal. I want to order early but don't I want any surprises and the S model looks trick!
Wow, I almost can't believe the question. How about is there anything on the SQ5 that would bother a person?

My wife ordered a 2014 3.0T Q5 with all of the options. It was taking some time to come in, of course, and one day, there was an SQ5 on the showroom floor and she got in it and said "wow" why didn't you tell me this thing existed?

Then we test drove it.

She was smitten.

So, we ordered another car, a Panther Black Prestige with Magma Red Leather and one or two other options -- she has 81,000 miles on her '14 SQ5 and she was going to pull the trigger on a 2018 SQ5 until she found out that Red Leather (Magma) was not, thus far, offered. I suspect she'll still get another SQ5, but the "S" treatment completely changes the character of the Q5 -- it is awfully close to a sports sedan but with all of the plusses of a CUV.

Hopefully she won't see this post since she would almost certainly want me to rant about the "sexist" remark posed in the question.

Or I could get myself in REAL trouble and say, the SQ5 has the ability to rocket to 60mph in about 5 seconds -- in complete comfort -- and that the little ladies may not be able to handle that kind of thrust.

I'd simply ask, why not ask: is there anything that a man may find objectionable about an SQ5. Fair is fair.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The adaptive cruise control is standard on the 2017 Prestige, so maybe that's something yet to be resolved. Dynamic steering isn't showing up here either.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Wow, I almost can't believe the question. How about is there anything on the SQ5 that would bother a person?

My wife ordered a 2014 3.0T Q5 with all of the options. It was taking some time to come in, of course, and one day, there was an SQ5 on the showroom floor and she got in it and said "wow" why didn't you tell me this thing existed?

Hopefully she won't see this post since she would almost certainly want me to rant about the "sexist" remark posed in the question.

I'd simply ask, why not ask: is there anything that a man may find objectionable about an SQ5. Fair is fair.
My, my its only sexist because you choose to interpret it that way. You don't know me well enough to be critical....I asked a legitimate question just assumed that someone might have a clue without a detailed explanation.
My wife is smaller than I and "pretty and comfortable" are much more important to her than the power, handling and other things that I find appealing. Maybe it's an age thing but I know more ladies that are like that than not! I haven't sat in an S for several years but as I recall the seats were uncomfortable compared to the plain Q. The side bolsters made entry and exit a tad more difficult and aren't for everyone. I liked bolsters on the Lexus F Sport but both gals with me hated them. My wife trusts me to order something she will like, I just dont want to make a $60k mistake.
The following users liked this post:
ypasha (10-02-2019)

Quick Reply: 2018 Q5/ SQ5 US Order Guide