Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

s line seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default s line seat swap

I am swapping out my comfort seats in my Q7 for a set of S-line seats (since my car is an S line I don't know why it didn't get the better seats) I am curious about the swap which should be straight forward except for the air bag situation. My repair manual mentions turning the ignition to "on" before disconnecting the battery and in other replies it has gotten quite complicated so the question is:
Ignition to on disconnect battery or just disconnect battery and remove seat.
do I need the Airbag Adapter VAS 6280 and do I need to attach this to my old seats for storage.

Any Illuminati answers will be most welcome as the seats have been shipped.
Attached Images  

Last edited by flynavy; 10-02-2015 at 12:59 PM. Reason: better info needed
Old 09-08-2017, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Bump, did you ever install these bad boys?
Old 09-09-2017, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default YEP

Originally Posted by Built4Sin
Bump, did you ever install these bad boys?
I discovered that the seat frames were identical so I stripped off everything from my seats and the new seats then simply swapped over all of my components (air bags etc) so that everything that came with my car is still on it. It was a pretty major project to strip down both sets and swap the covers and internal foam etc. 2 days start to finish, but now everything works like a charm and is all stock original to my Q7 Audi.
I really like these new seats as they have a moveable front bolster and extra grip on the seat back sides. It was a LOT of work but worth the effort IMHO!
Old 09-09-2017, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by flynavy
I discovered that the seat frames were identical so I stripped off everything from my seats and the new seats then simply swapped over all of my components (air bags etc) so that everything that came with my car is still on it. It was a pretty major project to strip down both sets and swap the covers and internal foam etc. 2 days start to finish, but now everything works like a charm and is all stock original to my Q7 Audi.
I really like these new seats as they have a moveable front bolster and extra grip on the seat back sides. It was a LOT of work but worth the effort IMHO!
Awesome!

Did you by chance have the ventilated seats stock? I'm wondering if the sports foam and seat middle's can be modded to work with the vents.

I keep looking at ebay and seeing all the sport seats. My only gripe about this rig, is the crappy *** seats!
Old 09-10-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default the seat cooling is inop..

Originally Posted by Built4Sin
Awesome!

Did you by chance have the ventilated seats stock? I'm wondering if the sports foam and seat middle's can be modded to work with the vents.

I keep looking at ebay and seeing all the sport seats. My only gripe about this rig, is the crappy *** seats!
I didn't mind the stock seats but I have long legs from my hip to my knee and really had to fiddle with the seats to make long drives comfortable. The lower seat adjustable front bolster allows me to set the seat in one position and not fuss with it anymore. Also, in spirited driving my upper body did not have the side bolster I wanted. The cooled seats are IMHO a gimmick that really doesn't do much as all it is is a couple of fans on the seat back and bottom that rely on the perforated seat to move air, these seats are not perforated, and since i imported them from Germany, compared to the Us spec. leather these are a higher grade of leather (thicker, nicer finish). I live in the second sunniest area in the US and we have four seasons, hot, hotter, very hot and OMG its like living in hell! The ac works very well here but I have noticed NO difference comfort wise when I deactivated the fan option. They are still in the seat frames and probably move more air around now than they ever did before as the fan is molded into the seat foam so the actual surface area of the fan is reduced to the diameter of the fan itself and only affects the immediate area of the tiny fan.

Last edited by flynavy; 09-10-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2022, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I’ve looked for these seats in a q7. Must be a unicorn. What years? None of the prestige s line vehicles I’ve searched have as an option.

thank you
Old 06-20-2022, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 199 Posts

I don't think we got them in the US, so you will need to look at European eBay to find them.
Old 06-20-2022, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol. Chances of them connecting to the the the body ecu would probably be doubtful. If I knew they did I’d buy. Would not want to swap like the op did.
Old 03-20-2024, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I know this is old, any chance you have picture from when you took the seats apart? I may be reupholstering the seats soon. While I agree the ventilation is practically worthless my wife simply can't live without it. I would love to get some s-line seats to recover but to retain the ventilation. It's just literal foam around the fans and then the actual leather perforation. I can't see a reason you couldn't make the s line seat ventilated. It seems like you pretty much already accomplished this just without the final step of the leather perforation.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Not sure if this will help. Here is a ventilated seat cushion that I am replacing.

The following users liked this post:
Built4Sin (03-23-2024)