Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<2012: CATA engine code
2013>: CNRB engine code

There's significant differences to the ECM, not to mention a different (larger) turbo and other friction-reducing improvements.

I wasn't aware of this either! I thought ALL 3.0 TDI's are included...
Old 07-03-2016, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
Sorry, stupid mobile device keyboard!!!

The article makes no mention of 2011 Audi Q7 is what I meant to say. They had specific year ranges and didn't list anything about 2011 and earlier TDI models....
no worries. it was a bit of a rude remark on my part. my apologies.
try here:
Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number

For Canada:

TDI Update: June 28 U.S. Preliminary Approval Filing

On June 28, Volkswagen Group reached proposed settlements regarding the 2.0L TDI vehicles in the United States, including a proposed settlement with U.S. customers. The proposed settlements are subject to the approval of a U.S. federal court.

In Canada, parties to proposed class proceedings are in discussions about potential settlements and remedies for affected TDI vehicles nationally. The parties are aiming to provide a progress update to Canadian courts on or before July 29, 2016. Under the Canadian legal system, once the parties to a class action proceeding reach a settlement, affected customers would be informed and the Court would then schedule a hearing to approve the settlement.

Volkswagen Group continues to work with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to develop approved vehicle repairs as quickly as possible. Upon approval, repairs would be offered to Canadian customers in full co-operation with Environment Canada.

Canadian owners and lessees do not need to take any action at this time. Canadians who want to learn more about the proposed U.S. settlement can visit:</title> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title=" » Feed" href="https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/feed/" /> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title=" » Comments Feed" href="https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/commen

https://www.cars.com/articles/vw-die...1420684905178/

The Volkswagen Group's scandal also affects some 80,000 cars with the automaker's diesel 3.0-liter V-6, but today's settlement does not resolve claims regarding those vehicles. They include:

2013-2016 Volkswagen Touareg TDI
2013-2016 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
2013-2015 Audi Q7 TDI
2014-2016 Audi A6 TDI
2014-2016 Audi A7 TDI
2014-2016 Audi A8 TDI
2014-2016 Audi Q5 TDI

Audi and Porsche are both Volkswagen Group brands. In a statement today, the automaker said it "continues to work expeditiously" to resolve situation with the V-6 diesels.

Read more at https://www.cars.com/articles/vw-die...tMmKDdlKiLr.99
Old 07-05-2016, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

http://autoweek.com/article/vw-diese...and-vw-diesels

Grey
Old 07-06-2016, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to gauge everyone on here to see what they think the chances are of this same buyout occurring for the 3.0 TDIs as well. Having read all of these comments as well as 20+ other articles on the subject, it seems the knowledge level is similar throughout, however I cannot find a single article that offers any speculation as the the 3.0...

My thoughts are that if they were also polluting ("cheating"), even if it was 8-10x rather than 40x the normal levels, we were all duped. Whether we purchased this vehicle for its power or its "Clean Diesel" image, we can stand to lose out bc it seems that even if there's a simple ECU flash related fix, it'll surely diminish power/performance levels & from an environmental standpoint, the damage is done, who are they to say we would've bought the vehicle if we knew it did this to the environment?

I say this all as the devil's advocate only, I love everything about this vehicle, but I'm still praying for a buyback.

In my current situation, as someone in their mid 20s who has recently purchased a new home & is working in a currently crippled oil & gas industry, this would be a big help to me. This car ('14 Audi Q7 Prestige S-Line TDI) is actually my fiancees', & was her college graduation present. I certainly love this car like my own though, handling all the maintenance as well as completing the "Goodwill Program" for her. The issue though is, due to a poor 1st job of hers, she put almost 40k mi on it within her 1st yr of ownership (now a new job w/ a 22mi round trip commute).

Now sitting at 50k mi, although it is hardly scratching the surface of how long it can last with a meticulous owner like myself, the bottom line is a do-over on a vehicle of this quality would be huge. If we can get anything close to the % of MSRP I calculated the A3's buyback to be, we can replace a vehicle for little to know additional funding with something that I otherwise would not be able to afford to buy her for the better part of the next decade...

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, however I can't help but shift my focus toward appeasing my "car-fever". Not to mention this would be a cheaper fix than replacing my 8yr old 100k mi pickup with a new Sierra Denali..
Old 07-06-2016, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Be careful what you pray for. You just might get it.

I could care less about a buy back. I do not plan to allow them to fool with the ECU. It runs like a dream, and I plan to keep it until it dies.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
Be careful what you pray for. You just might get it.

I could care less about a buy back. I do not plan to allow them to fool with the ECU. It runs like a dream, and I plan to keep it until it dies.

I am with you and plan on keeping my car but my fear is whether my state (Michigan) will require that I perform the recall "fix" before I can reregister. Certainly those in California will be required to do the "fix" but I am not so confident in Michigan that they won't jump on the environmental bandwagon requiring the "fix" be done as well. I really want to keep it as-is but if Michigan requires it than a buyback has to be an option for us. Loss in value I can tolerate but loss in performance I cannot.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lance Young
I wanted to gauge everyone on here to see what they think the chances are of this same buyout occurring for the 3.0 TDIs as well. Having read all of these comments as well as 20+ other articles on the subject, it seems the knowledge level is similar throughout, however I cannot find a single article that offers any speculation as the the 3.0....
Pretty much zero chance of buyback. If you enjoyed your Q7 before these issues, you will enjoy it going forward.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen it both ways. Some of the 2.0 TDIs are only computer/ecu flash fixes just as the 3.0 would be. Bottom line is that if it adversely affects fuel economy and/or power, the owners have a legitimate claim at false advertising and can even make the argument that they wouldn't have purchased the vehicle if those were the figures to begin with. I love the Q7, and after test driving an F-Pace and XC90, I don't know if there's anything that could compare.. I still would love to get that do-over and potentially get my hands on a 2015 or 2017 new/lower mileage Q7, hopefully they would still sell those after the fix had been completed.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

California rejects VW's plan to fix 3-liter diesel cars

California's air-quality authority Wednesday again rejected Volkswagen Group's plan to recall and repair 16,000 of its polluting vehicles with six-cylinder 3-liter "clean diesel" engines in the state, saying the proposal is too vague.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, which has been acting in concert with the California Air Resources Board, issued its own statement saying it also finds VW's plan to be incomplete. There are believed to be about 85,000 VW vehicles with 3-liter diesel engines in the U.S. from the 2009 to 2016 model years.

The California board's decision complicates VW's situation as it struggles to come up with a cost-effective solution to repair its larger diesel vehicles. The latest case is the next step after the agreement announced last month that will fix or buy back cars with four-cylinder, 2-liter diesel engines and compensate owners.

The rejection affects Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche vehicles -- all part of VW Group -- with the larger diesel engines.

"VW's and Audi's submissions are incomplete, substantially deficient and fall far short of meeting the legal requirements to return those vehicles to the claimed certified configuration," says the letter sent Wednesday to VW Group. A similar letter was sent to Porsche.

The board says Audi admitted in November that its 3-liter diesels have previously undisclosed technology installed that act as "defeat devices," circumventing the vehicles' emissions control systems.

The same finding had earlier been made regarding the 2-liter diesel engines. In that case, VW admitted that software had been inserted to turn on emissions controls when the system detected the cars were undergoing pollution testing, then turn the controls off for everyday driving.

In February, VW submitted a letter that was supposed to outline how the vehicles didn't meet the requirements of the law, but the board says it rejected it as falling short.

This time, VW is found to have not met the standard again. The board's letter says VW and Audi aren't telling them what exactly they did to to the cars to make them beat the requirements of the law. Without knowing what they did, the board says it has a hard time knowing whether a remedy is feasible or adequate. VW's plan doesn't disclose exactly how it plans to fix the cars or contain data to show the fix will work. And the plan also doesn't tell the board how the proposed repairs will act on the car's driveability or durability.

In reaction, VW issued a statement calling the board's rejection "a procedural step" under the law and pledging that VW will "continue to work closely with" the board and EPA to come up with a plan to resolve the issue.

Last month, the board and EPA announced Volkswagen will pay up to $14.7 billion to settle claims over 475,000 cars with 2-liter diesel engines nationally. VW will offer to buy back or repair cars and offer payments up to $10,000 for each vehicle to owners.

The deal was called the largest of its kind ever.

Volkswagen also agreed to pay $2.7 billion in fines and spend $2 billion on clean-emissions technology.

Grey
Old 07-15-2016, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bunch of bull**** is what it is. Sounds like they met emission regulations but in CARB's liberal agenda/opinion, did not properly demonstrate the effect that fix has on the car. They probably want to bend them over and make them buy these back as well and in turn deny any future sales of diesels.

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...