Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys with the 3.0 will certainly get some sort of compensation, Especially considering 2.0 TDI owners were given $1000 gift cards and so were 3.0 TDI owners. There will be a whole lawsuit within itself if VAG doesn't compensate 3.0 TDI owners. As someone stated before, The compensation should be more than $5000 because you're comparing a $25k vehicle to a $70k+ vehicle. Only real difference I can see is that the 3.0 TDI was not trashed all that bad on the media.. So values shouldn't decrease that much. But they still will substantially if they haven't already just because they're a diesel tied to VW auto group. .
Old 04-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blue book values have dropped like a rock. Considering the Q7 was always at the top of KBB residual values even in 2014 the stop sale has affected auction prices which affects trade in values which affects private sale prices. Just hoping they offer us something on the 3.0's since I was loyal to the brand and own 2 of them currently!
Old 04-21-2016, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks like the 3.0 TDI has been left out:

Exclusive: VW to offer to buy back nearly 500,000 U.S. diesel cars - sources - Netscape News

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG and U.S. officials have reached a framework deal under which the automaker would offer to buy back almost 500,000 diesel cars that used sophisticated software to evade U.S. emission rules, two people briefed on the matter said on Wednesday.

The German automaker is expected to tell a federal judge in San Francisco Thursday that it has agreed to offer to buy back up to 500,000 2.0-liter diesel vehicles sold in the United States that exceeded legally allowable emission levels, the people said.

That would include versions of the Jetta sedan, the Golf compact and the Audi A3 sold since 2009. The buyback offer does not apply to the bigger, 80,000 3.0-liter diesel vehicles also found to have exceeded U.S. pollution limits, including Audi and Porsche SUV models, the people said."
Old 04-21-2016, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

And an update:

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...-settle-diesel

"The deal does not apply to about 80,000 3.0-liter V-6 diesels used in VW, Porsche and Audi models. A resolution on those vehicles has yet to be agreed upon. It’s also unknown how much VW will have to pay in government fines for the emissions violations."
Old 06-23-2016, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Volkswagen still faces U.S. litigation and investigations over similar allegations arising from some 85,000 diesel-powered vehicles with three-liter engines.

Volkswagen to Pay More Than $10 Billion to Settle Emissions Claims - WSJ
Old 06-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a Late year 2012 TDI, there were some changes mid year 2012 but can't remember what. Was thinking of trading it in and getting a new car but had decided (not taking the emissions issue into consideration) that I was going to keep it. I love my car and it is solid. Don't love the 2016 version of the Q7. With that said I wish they would announce what the plans are for settlement with us. It'll make the difference between how long I keep this car. Oh and I have the TDI Diesel Sticker on my car too.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Q7DreamGirl
I have a Late year 2012 TDI, there were some changes mid year 2012 but can't remember what. Was thinking of trading it in and getting a new car but had decided (not taking the emissions issue into consideration) that I was going to keep it. I love my car and it is solid. Don't love the 2016 version of the Q7. With that said I wish they would announce what the plans are for settlement with us. It'll make the difference between how long I keep this car. Oh and I have the TDI Diesel Sticker on my car too.
I was told that my 2015 is not involved at all on this by the Dealer.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Expert

fairly certain 2015 is affected unless hawaii has different emissions laws/standards.

Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number
Old 06-28-2016, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Expert

VW still must reach agreement with regulators on whether it will offer to buy back 85,000 larger 3.0 liter Porsche, Audi and VW cars and SUVs that emitted up to nine times legally allowable pollution and how much it may face in civil fines for admitting to violating the Clean Air Act.

Volkswagen's U.S. diesel emissions settlement to cost $15 billion: sources | Reuters
Old 06-28-2016, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
VW still must reach agreement with regulators on whether it will offer to buy back 85,000 larger 3.0 liter Porsche, Audi and VW cars and SUVs that emitted up to nine times legally allowable pollution and how much it may face in civil fines for admitting to violating the Clean Air Act.

Volkswagen's U.S. diesel emissions settlement to cost $15 billion: sources | Reuters
I'm more and more convinced that we will wear out 2011 TDI Q7 out before this is ever settled. It seems to me that it would be a good idea for Audi to offer extra loyalty incentives to TDI owners in order to get us to trade for a newer vehicle and let them get one more TDI off the highway. On the other hand though, there may be no incentive on their part to do this with the 3.0s. We are not included in that current ruling.

If I can't get another one, I'm not going to be inclined to let this one go any time soon. $5000 and the September 2015 value of my vehicle probably would not be enough.

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...