RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Who buys the RS7? Racer? Modder?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiku
Seems like no one really has direct experience with pushing the RS7 on a track. I've been two a couple of track days this year, one was a weekend event at VIR.

My RS7 is APR stage 1 tuned, Eurocode sway bars, and Michelin PSS tires (stock 21" blade wheels".

I've run it with stock, 93 and 100 octane tunes at VIR, and this car will easily push 170mph on back straightaway. It is a heavy car, but the power makes up for the weight. You do have to often apex late, but as long as you know how to control the weight transfer on this heavy car, you will do well.

There were not many cars passing me (and i'm not an experienced driver, yellow group) except for professional drivers on R8s and race porsches running slicks.

The car does extremely well on a race track. I have the air suspension, which I would rather have the DRC option for greater stability. Even so, this car is far beyond my skills which I'm still trying to learn.

Put a race seat and 5 point harness, you would get better benefit in the track as you get tossed around quite a bit in the standard RS7 sports seat.

I have recently installed the Audi Ceramic front and rear brake system (imported from germany) and hope to put to test next season. That was one weak link in the RS7, the brakes will fade after a few hot sessions (I have upgraded motul brake fluid and stoptech 309 pads up front, that still wasnt enough).

I've come across some Caddy CTSVs which are sick fast, but usually they are on slicks with a much more able driver than I, so they are quite fast (seen them first hand at Summit Point).
did you compare weight savings between the regular brake system and the ceramics?