S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 Sepang Blue S6 Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Sepang Blue S6 Delivered

I finally took delivery of my S6 last night. Some quick pictures below. Overall, the car is phenomenal and I'm glad I went with the Sepang, it looks amazing with the Black Optics package.

Compared to the pre-refresh that I test drove before purchase:
- The transmission feels smoother and faster.
- Exhaust & engine sound is a lot better.
- Dynamic steering makes the car feel a lot more agile.

Compared to the Porsche Macan S I traded in:
- The S6 feels a lot more planted, especially around corners.
- The S6 is a lot faster & more agile. A quick tap on the pedal and it pushes you back - wasn't the same with the Porsche.
- The stereo sounds about the same (base/default in the Porsche and Bose in the Audi).
- The sports seats in the S6 look a million times better, but are probably 5% less comfortable than the Porsche (plus no ventilation).
- Engine sound & exhaust sound is a lot better on the S6.
- Cargo space is about the same - Macan was taller, but it wasn't as deep. Also, the shelf piece in the Macan trunk limited the height (unless I kept removing it), so it wasn't even that much higher or more practical.

A big thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way to place this order, track it, and provide all the useful info that would have taken me months to find.

I know many of you are still waiting for your Audi, so please let me know if you have any questions that I can answer. Off the bat, I can confirm that the MMI Jukebox is now only 10GB of space, and it still won't read more than 1,000 files per folder.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yay! About time.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Awesome, congrats! Cant wait to get mine in. Lets see a booty shot of the car with the sport exhaust tips.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Awesome, congrats! Cant wait to get mine in. Lets see a booty shot of the car with the sport exhaust tips.
Thank you! Here you go:

Old 04-30-2015, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by amelen
Thank you! Here you go:

Sexy! Thanks for the quick reply. Hows the sound of the new sport exhaust from your perspective?
Old 04-30-2015, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sexy! Thanks for the quick reply. Hows the sound of the new sport exhaust from your perspective?
Sound is great, but a little bit too quite. In D-mode you can barely hear it, I love the sound in S, but don't always drive around in S-mode. It's a lot better than pre-2016 models though and a lot better than the Porsche Macan S (which I ordered without the sports exhaust option since it wasn't available at the time of order).
Old 04-30-2015, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sound is great, but a little bit too quite. In D-mode you can barely hear it, I love the sound in S, but don't always drive around in S-mode. It's a lot better than pre-2016 models though and a lot better than the Porsche Macan S (which I ordered without the sports exhaust option since it wasn't available at the time of order).
Odd that you say that. The sound shouldnt really change based on the transmission state, only the drive select state. Are you in dynamic or are you doing individual?
Old 04-30-2015, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Odd that you say that. The sound shouldnt really change based on the transmission state, only the drive select state. Are you in dynamic or are you doing individual?
Dynamic. Although I've tried individual with all settings set to dynamic.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Dynamic. Although I've tried individual with all settings set to dynamic.
Yeah, individual isnt really the best and the car acts funky with it. If you are going to set it all to auto or dynamic, you might as well pick that option in the list directly.

Now im really debating if I want to sell my AWE exhaust or not. I was hoping the new sport exhaust would sound good but if its not that great Im feeling disappointed.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, individual isnt really the best and the car acts funky with it. If you are going to set it all to auto or dynamic, you might as well pick that option in the list directly.

Now im really debating if I want to sell my AWE exhaust or not. I was hoping the new sport exhaust would sound good but if its not that great Im feeling disappointed.
Having heard a couple of after markets exhausts on the Porsche Macanhere's how I'd rate it:

Porsche Macan S standard exhaust: 2/10
Porsche Macan S sports exhaust: 3/10
After Market Macan S sports exhaust: 8/10
Pre-2016 Audi S6 exhaust: 3/10
MY2016+ Audi S6 sports exhaust: 6/10

I think the AWE will sound a little better, but by how much might be personal preference.

Quick Reply: 2016 Sepang Blue S6 Delivered