S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

APR DSG TCU tune for s6

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR DSG TCU tune for s6

Two words: WOW.

That's only one? Ok how about this.....DO IT! (If you have ecu tune it is spectacular)

Last edited by thelionsden; 08-30-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does the car's rpm bounce when redlined or does it simply auto-shift? And how much faster are the upshift? Are the downshifts still as aggressive as stock? Also, how is launch control after the mod? Can you or someone else who has the tune perhaps post a video on the shifting behavior of the car in the different modes (S, D, manual shift mode)?
I am asking these cause I really want it, but considering I already spent a ton of money on modding the car (AWE exhaust, Michelin pilot A/S 3 (not really a mod but still cost $$) and APR Stage 1 v1.1) and it has a considerable amount of miles on it, so I'm not sure if I am going pull the trigger on another $1000 mod...

Last edited by TurboMuscleV8; 09-03-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TurboMuscleV8
Does the car's rpm bounce when redlined or does it simply auto-shift? And how much faster are the upshift? Are the downshifts still as aggressive as stock? Also, how is launch control after the mod? Can you or someone else who has the tune perhaps post a video on the shifting behavior of the car in the different modes (S, D, manual shift mode)?
I am asking these cause I really want it, but considering I already spent a ton of money on modding the car (AWE exhaust, Michelin pilot A/S 3 (not really a mod but still cost $$) and APR Stage 1 v1.1) and it has a considerable amount of miles on it, so I'm not sure if I am going pull the trigger on another $1000 mod...
I can answer a few of these. You can set it two ways, so that it will upshift at redline or bounce off rev limiter in manual or paddle mode. you check a box when flashing the car. you have to decide when you load it in because you have to reflash to change it.

When it is in drive or S mode, it shifts at points that are determined to be best by APR, not necessarily redline.

You should read the info page on APR website as it will probably answer a lot of questions for you.

The downshifts in S mode were much smoother after an audi dealer update, and they remain similar. Smooth but aggressive in sport, smooth and luxurious in Drive.

I am not much of a launch control guy so I haven't even tried it yet, but there is so much versatility now. Read about that too. You can set your highest most aggressive launch RPM while flashing which also gives then gives you two other less aggressive options so you have three launch options at any time. 3000 launches on the clock instead of 200

IMO the stage one tune and the TCU tune should only be sold together. I think it is really kind of half @$$ed with just all the power and the stock tranny tune. You just don't know it until you get the TCU tune in there. Then you realize what it is really capable of being.

There is a 30 Day money back guarantee. Go try it, and if it aint worth it to you, get your money back. I would bet that no one would ever return it unless they needed the 999 dollars for a lifesaving operation (or they decided they had to sell the car very soon.)
Old 11-20-2015, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Are you still happy with the mod?
Old 12-03-2015, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by thelionsden
I can answer a few of these. You can set it two ways, so that it will upshift at redline or bounce off rev limiter in manual or paddle mode. you check a box when flashing the car. you have to decide when you load it in because you have to reflash to change it.

When it is in drive or S mode, it shifts at points that are determined to be best by APR, not necessarily redline.

You should read the info page on APR website as it will probably answer a lot of questions for you.

The downshifts in S mode were much smoother after an audi dealer update, and they remain similar. Smooth but aggressive in sport, smooth and luxurious in Drive.

I am not much of a launch control guy so I haven't even tried it yet, but there is so much versatility now. Read about that too. You can set your highest most aggressive launch RPM while flashing which also gives then gives you two other less aggressive options so you have three launch options at any time. 3000 launches on the clock instead of 200

IMO the stage one tune and the TCU tune should only be sold together. I think it is really kind of half @$$ed with just all the power and the stock tranny tune. You just don't know it until you get the TCU tune in there. Then you realize what it is really capable of being.

There is a 30 Day money back guarantee. Go try it, and if it aint worth it to you, get your money back. I would bet that no one would ever return it unless they needed the 999 dollars for a lifesaving operation (or they decided they had to sell the car very soon.)
Thanks for taking your time for providing some feedback to my questions. Been awhile since coming back to the forum... However, in the end I ended not buying it as I don't think it's that much different from stock (at least according to videos) and I can't find much fault with the stock setup, plus just tried a launch control and timed it, got something along 3.8 - 3.6 seconds to 60 on an rather steep incline, so I'm good