TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Mk1 tt 225

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk1 tt 225

Currently having problems on boost car is fine at half throttle but once the throttle is applied more soon as boost kicks in hard a 2k it seems to judder and pop and bang as if it's hitting a fuel cut! Anybody had this sort of thing happen and would like to share?
Thanks Luke.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

are you sure it isn't a random cylinder miss fire? you would see the check engine light on the dash flashing repeatedly like a Christmas light if this is the problem. my 03' TT was giving me this same issue. I knew it was a miss fire, just turned out that the spark plugs I just bought and installed weren't gapped correctly, causing the miss fire.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts

Ballykid, Are you sure you know what you're talking about? Have you ever repaired your TT out in the 11°F cold on snow covered pavement?

Yes, you have. And on the note you referenced above, you learned a valuable lesson about non-OEM brand spark plugs. Use what the manufacturer says to use.

OP; ballykid is right with what he said above. Does your Check Engine Light illuminate upon start-up? Asking in case someone cut the wire from the Engine ECU to disable it. Even with no CEL, you should run a diagnostic scan using the Ross-Tech VCDS interface & software. Forget the generic hand-held tools. They probably won't help here.

Here's Ballykid the other night away from home at college. The worst kind of "homework".... Ballykid; are your fingers still numb? When you're done with school, I see a heated garage or home in a warm climate in your future......
Attached Thumbnails Mk1 tt 225-tt-repairs-1-12-2016a.png   Mk1 tt 225-tt-repairs-1-12-2016b.png  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mister Bally; 01-16-2016 at 05:36 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow, looking at the pictures here are making me cold. Where is college for ballykid? When I was in school the great outdoors was my garage too, I was a whole lot younger then and could do that kind of thing. Glad I stuck college out, and like you mention have a heated garage today. Nice work there ;-)
Old 01-19-2016, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 03_AR_CO
Wow, looking at the pictures here are making me cold. Where is college for ballykid? When I was in school the great outdoors was my garage too, I was a whole lot younger then and could do that kind of thing. Glad I stuck college out, and like you mention have a heated garage today. Nice work there ;-)

Haha well thank you for the vote of confidence. 21 years old and I call Michigan State University my home away from home. Although, not having a garage, heated or not, up here is a down side, but it all works out as home is about an hour drive away, insulated and heated garage included haha. That's why I called my dad (Mister Bally) up to bring me the tools I needed to finish up the job. Repair was needed due to a snapped bolt on the dog bone mount on the TT, which caused the engine to torque and rotate violently enough to break loose the banjo bolt on the power steering pump. Of course, I lost all the power steering fluid as well when this happened. It was a GREAT time